Distract

Chibi's POV

So i was walking down the stairs to get some papers for Tails, i wanted to help him! But then, once my feet reached the floor i saw my brother talking and laughing with that guy again! I quickly get the papers and ran upstairs.

"Tails!"

"Thanks Chibi! Why are you looking so panic?" He asked as he took the papers from my hand.

"My bro- he tla- talk to the- ah uhh mmmm"

"Calm down calm down! Now just breathe slowly and tell me what's going on?" Tails said calmly.

"Okay....so...i saw my brother talking to that black hedgehog!" I panicked.

"Maybe he just borrowed some books?" He said as he placed the papers to a near table.

"But he made my bro laugh and stuff!"

"Really? That's new. Then what do you suggest us to do?"

"I'd say we try to make him go away!"

Sonic's POV

We walk home together and i can't figure out why Chibi is death glaring me. He has done that since this noon! I tried looking at him but his stare is so intense that i had to look away again. What is going on with him?

"Hey" he spoke.

"Yeah?"

"Who was that hedgehog that you talked to? The one with the black fur?"

I smiled at him.

"He's my new friend! His name is Shadow, he's also the one who sent that gift"

After i said that he looked so irritated. Does he not like the gift? Or does he not like me talking to that guy. Kids are just hard to take care of these days, i can't even figure out what's on my lil bro's head.

"He's your new....friend?"

He asked and i nodded. He finally stopped staring at me, phew. I'm still curious why he's like that though.

Another day at the library and as always i brought Chibi along. Just how close he is with Tails? Makes me kind of jealous. I noted some books that visitors wanted to borrow and after that check on some of the other racks. Then i saw Shadow coming from the door.

"Hey Sonic" he smiled.

"Hi there Shadow!" I smiled back.

"Doing your regular work today?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I thought i could help you today so you'll finish your work faster"

i blushed and put my hand behind my head, laughing.

"haha no need, Shadow! i can do it myself"

Shadow took my hand and smiled again.

"i insist"

"oh- uh...ahaha, okay. Geez you're embarrassing me with this hand holding" i said nervously.

so in the end Shadow decided to help me organize the books. i admit that it did helped me finish my work faster but i also feel a little bit uncomfortable knowing the library's visitor is helping me working. but he insisted himself so i guess i can't argue with that.

"so when is your day off?" Shadow asked.

"hm? well it's as usual as any other workers would have their day off. saturday and sunday" i smiled.

"ah then it's tomorrow right? would you like to hang out with me?"

I gasped a little. It's very unusual for me to hear someone actually asking me to hang out. Well, i used to have three friends that would hang out with me but that was a very long time ago before i moved to my apartment.

"w-well uh..."

"hi big bro!!"

Chibi suddenly came from behind me and hug my leg. He is very short. I smiled and pat him on the head.

"hi Chibi" i smiled.

"bro, who is this scary guy?"

"Chibi be nice! this is Shadow, my new friend that i told you"

Chibi stared at Shadow for quite a long time as Shadow did the same.

"this is your brother?" Shadow asked.

"yes, his name is Chibi. Sorry if he's being kind of rude...he's just a kid" i laughed nervously.

"it's okay, he's cute just like you"

Chibi suddenly jumped from behind Shadow and hold his quills until Shadow leaned back with his face facing up.

"Chibi!"

"his quill looks fun to hang around!" he said as he laugh.

"Chibi let his quills go" i walk behind him and pull him away from Shadow. I kept holding him in my arms as i turn to Shadow again.

"Shadow i'm really sorry! he usually never act like this" I apologized.

Shadow rub the back of his head with one hand and smiled at me.

"I told you it's okay. He's still a kid after all"

"are...are you sure?"

he nodded his head. I sighed in relieve and smiled back at him.

"how old are you?" Chibi suddenly asked.

"21"

"OLD"

"CHIBI!" i yelled.