T W E N T Y T W O

CONVERSATION WITH: UNKNOWN

LIAM
hey sorry if i have the wrong number but this used to be my friend's contact and today is her birthday and i just wanted to tell her happy birthday even though she might not use this phone/number anymore. sorry if this was an inconvenience.

UNKNOWN
No worries, transient traveler!😁

UNKNOWN
It's actually my birthday today as well, isn't that cool?

UNKNOWN
Oh wait I might be the person you're looking for😬😬

UNKNOWN
Anyway, uh, who's your friend? What's her name? Maybe I know her.

LIAM
her name is kira

UNKNOWN
Oh wow

UNKNOWN
Uh

UNKNOWN
At your presence! Thank you for the birthday wish❤

LIAM
k? it's actually you?

UNKNOWN
Yeah. And I know this is you, Liam, because you're the only one who called me that😉

LIAM
why can't you come back?

KIRA
Oh buddy.

KIRA
I want to, more than anything in the world.

KIRA
But the skinwalkers would skin me alive if I tried to leave without my mission being complete. No pun intended.

LIAM
we really need you here. some freaky stuff is going on and you're smart enough to figure it out and strong enough to fight it. i wish you could be here.

KIRA
I wish I can help. It pains me knowing you guys are in trouble and I can't do anything to help. Ugh. This sucks. Bleh.

LIAM
there's nothing i can do about it except ask how are you? how's the training going?

KIRA
You know, it's really tough but it's helping me a lot. I'm a lot stronger than I used to be which is obviously a plus. I got a broken toe yesterday but no biggie because I healed! Anyway, like I said, it's difficult but I know for a fact that I am growing more into a fighter.

LIAM
im really proud of you. im happy that you're getting something out of it.

LIAM
yno ive always envied your strength and stability. hardcore

KIRA
Awe thanks! That means a lot haha!

KIRA
Ugh I'm not even supposed to be using my phone. I had to reset it in order for everyone to lose all contact with me, and I'm surprised you even texted. It's quite nice hearing from one of you every once in a while.

LIAM
it's the best that i can do

LIAM
we miss you

KIRA
I miss all of you with all my heart.

KIRA
Before I forget, I need to ask the burning question I've been dying to find out.

LIAM
go for it k

KIRA
So uh

KIRA
How is Scott?

KIRA
I don't mean that in a creepy ex kind of way! I'm just genuinely concerned and curious about him. Every now and then I think about him and wonder how he's doing.