Chapter 17 - The Black Division

All the students were seated in the classroom. Road is smiling and clinging to Allen. She appeared to be beaming. Everyone in the class were giving him judgemental stares. Allen just smiled awkwardly, letting Road cling to him. Rin seemed a bit more curious. This was a chance for him to know more about Allen. The side that he didn't like to talk about. Yukio stood in the front of the class. It looks like he has something to say.

"How do you know Allen?" Rin asked.

"I'm his girlfriend." Road chirped.

"Really?!" Rin exclaimed.

"No. That's a lie." Allen said bluntly.

"Then what was with that kiss Allen?" Shima asked.

"Cradle-snatcher." Izimo coughed.

"Allen steals cradles?" Shimei blinks.

"Hey!" Allen huffed.

Yukio coughed, gaining everyone's attention. "Actually Road is more then a hundred years old." Yukio corrected.

"Eh?!" Everyone except Road and Allen reacted.

"So she's the cradle snatcher!" Bon exclaimed.

Road poked her tongue at Bon. He glares at her.

"So Miss Road is the one who steal cradles!" Shimei exclaimed shocked and a little confused.

"How is it possible that she's that old? She looks younger then us." Konekomaru asked.

That seemed to be Yukio's cue. He starts writing on the board. "The answer to that will be part of our lesson today about a small division in the True Cross order called the Black Division."

Allen's eyes widen. That was the division the Bookman told him about.

"Black Division? What's that?" Rin asked.

"Its like an extremely elite sub-division in the order." Shima explained. "I don't know much more then that."

"Why is it so elite?" Rin asked. "Is it like just full of rich people?"

"Not exactly. Its more like is a certain group only accept certain Tamers. Like for example... they wanted Shimei because she can summon plant demons but not Kamiki because she summons foxes." Bon said trying to explain it. "Who are already hard to come by."

"But why?" Rin questioned.

"If you will stop talking in the class I might explain it." Yukio said coldly.

The boys flinch and stop talking. Road laughs a little. Yukio pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"The Black Division is the remnants of another order that was created separately from the True Cross Order. The Black Order." Yukio said explaining.

He had a drawing of the rose cross on the black board. Allen had chills when Yukio said that name with that symbol beside him.

"They were an order created by the vatican in the eighteen hundreds to deal with one kind of demon and a person known as the Millennium Earl." Yukio explained. He started to draw something else.

"Only one kinda of demon?" Bon questioned.

"It was simply known as Akuma and almost all holy weapons had no effect against this demon. Bullets, swords, holy scripture couldn't do anything to it. So they say." Yukio finishes the drawing of a strange metal ballon shape creature with a face and a pentagram on its's fore head. A level one Akuma.

"But if none of those worked how did they destroy them?" Shimei asked.

"They had a weapon that only certain humans can use. A crystal known as the God crystal but more commonly called, Innocence." Yukio explained. "Those humans who could wield Innocence were exorcists of the Black Order."