02| Kitchen Nightmares

I couldn't believe my eyes

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was here. It knew where I lived. But - how? After all he was just a dream, wasn't he?

My hands shook and I blinked many times to see if the balloon was really there. And it was. Not floating up, or down. It was just there in one place. I placed my camera down on the ledge of the window that was also a cushioned velvet seat.

"What in the actual fuck..." I whispered to myself in disbelief.

I ran my hands through my (h/c) hair, trying to comprehend what was happening.

"This is just a dream (y/n). Just a dream." I said to myself.

I lifted the bottom part of my shirt, exposing my skin and I lightly pinched a small area of my hip. I winced at the pain but still believed I was dreaming, so I lifted my hand up to my mouth and bit hard. I gasped at the pain and wiped my saliva from my hand.

"Holy fuck. It's not a dream. Maybe - Maybe I'm going crazy. Yeah - maybe dad was right."

"You're not going the crazy..."

I quickly turned around to face the voice. But no one was there.

"Who said that?" I asked loudly.

A small giggle started emerging from my walking closet. It wasn't a normal laugh. It was a male voice. It sounded unusual but my curiosity got the better of me. I walked cautiously up to the closet, slowly placing my palm on the icy iron doorknob. I twisted patiently, and pulled slowly, as the giggling ceased.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Warmer." The voice croaked.

I walked in, turning on the light as I looked around. Both sides of the closets were covered in old forgotten clothes that were left behind by the last family. Along with shoes of all kinds underneath the clothing. Going by the style, the previous owners didn't have much fashion sense. I sat on the floor where the shoes were and proceeded judging each one, calling out their colors as they show.

"Wow they REALLY needed a better color choice. Black, brown, black, brown, black, brown, red...." I gasped lightly as I saw big red shoes in the middle of all the rest.

Now normally this wouldn't bother me if they weren't connected to someone...

These gigantic shoes were connected to a pair of long legs that were hidden behind the long dresses and coats that were on the hangers. I slowly stood up, my eyes following the height. As I fully stood up, the height didn't stop. It kept going. All until my neck nearly spasms because of the ridiculous angle I was put in. In between the darkness of the clothes together, stood two eyes. Orange glowing eyes.

I wasn't gonna let this weird figment of my imagination get to me, so I took a deep breath, grew a pair of man sized balls, and dove my hands between the thick articles of clothing, pulling them apart to reveal...the closet wall? Nothing was there. No eyes, nor torso. I looked down to see nothing as well. Only an empty space resides where it's shoes were.