03| An Unspeakable Bond

I lay on my empty bed as I stared at the ceiling deep in thought

I lay on my empty bed as I stared at the ceiling deep in thought. The last interaction I had with Pennywise, I just couldn't stop thinking about. The fact that he was invading my dreams shook me to the core, and I wasn't really sure what to do.

Come on (y/n) don't let this fucking circus clown shake you up , I thought to myself.

I sat up on my empty bed, adjusting the plain, uncomfortable bed sheets beneath me. I looked over to my bedside table and searched for the lamp in the darkness. God...How long was I out?

I felt my way around and made contact with a cold metal chain and gave it a tug. Light covered the entirety of my room as I squinted at my westclock and picked it up, looking at the time. It read 9:45 PM I groaned and laid back on the bed.

Tapping my fingers on my comforter, I threw the blanket off my body and stood. Trying to be as quiet as possible, I walked out of my room and into the pitch black hallway. My hands trailed down the railing on the staircase. My feet padded quietly down the creaking steps.

I looked over to the left of the staircase to see the fireplace roaring quietly as faint crackling emitted from the burning wood. An iridescent soft glow of yellow filled the room and flickered as a puzzled expression came from my face, wondering if anyone really started the fire.

Although I was out for quite some time, I'm sure my parents couldn't bother with lighting the fireplace. After all, there were still boxes unpacked and some already opened scattered around the house.

I walked into the kitchen quietly and cautiously, eyeing the fridge with a weary glare. I turned on the kitchen lights that flickered and buzzed weakly as the electrical circuits became alive again from God knows how long they were off. The light gave off a depressing blue hue to the already depressing offwhite walls with questionable brown stains in different areas.

I yawned weakly as I walked up to the fridge that had a note on the front with a brand new magnet in the shape of a red balloon. I snatched the note abruptly, jumping back and standing still as my eyes  weren't taken off of the fridge. I looked at the note and in script it wrote,

"(Y/n), Dad and I left to run some late errands. We got you some books on the bookcase and lit the fireplace for your convenience. Be home soon.

- Mom"

I folded the note and placed it on the kitchen countertop, pulling a confused expression on my face. What type of late night errands were they talking about? And why would they leave me alone so late at night?

I walked away from the kitchen and back into the living room, leaving the light on. I stared at the tall, ominous and dark bookshelf next to the fire place as I listened to the grandfather clock tick loudly back and forth.

The entire book case was filled. Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Of Mice and Men, all the classics were here. Looks like my parents really did know me. But as I gazed upon the many books, I realized one didn't have a title on the spine. I easily slid the book out, spider webs attached to it and strung against the books next to them as I pulled it out.