Chapter two

It is few months later and Katerina is highly pregnant and we are in her room on her bed since she was not allowed to leave their house. Her parents kept on going on about what a disgrace she is to her family. I was the only one that never left her side.

Suddenly she bends forward in pain. "What is it Katerina?"

"Please find my parents. Please hurry."

I found her parents in the kitchen. They came over to her. When her mother saw her condition they shoved me out the door and told me to go home.

I ran home as fast as I could. I could hear screams as far as I go. I run into my house and into my room and shut the door behind me. I wonder what is going to happen to her now.

It has been 2 days since I was shoved out of Katerina's home. I was on my bed staring at the candle next to my bed. The flame dancing on top, without any care in the world.

I was woken by a very loud bang against my room wall. I move toward it with caution.

"Please Sarah help me in."

"Katerina? What is the matter?"

She climbed in through the window. "I am running away from home."

"What? Why? What about your baby."

She looks down, but I could see the pain in her eyes.

"Katerina, what happened? Where is your baby?"

Tears started streaming down her cheek. "They took her away. They gave her to another family. Father said that I was a disgrace to our family. This is why I am leaving. I wanted to know if you wanted to come with me."

I was shocked. Her request was totally inappropriate. "How... Where..." I just sigh as I did not know what to say.

"Please? If you went with me it would be so much easier."

"I c-can't Katerina. What about my family?"

She turned around. "Fine, then I will leave on my own. Goodbye." And just like that she jumped out the window and got on her horse.

"Wait Katerina! Wait." And like that she was gone.

The following days went by as a blur. Missing posters were put up everywhere. Everyone was told to keep an open eye out for her.

I was even called into the sheriff's office where they asked me question after question. Looking for any information that could help them find her. I just hope she didn't make any stupid decisions or got herself in trouble.

But as days went by her name was mentioned less in passing by conversations. Her posters began to fade and her parents just gave up. They eventually declared her dead, because no girl would ever survive in the big bad world.