Chapter three

My family and I went to visit our grandparents up north. I was so nice seeing then again. It has been 2 years since Katerina left me behind in my room. The struggle without her in my life became easier with each passing day.

We were on our way back home when we saw the smoke. As we got closer we saw that it is a massacre. The entire village murdered. My father picked me up and placed me on one of the horses.

"Go Sarah. Go now. Find help. Go." He hit the horse and it jumped forward running in the direction of the next town.

I was not even a mile in my quest when I heard screams coming from the town I just left. I brought my horse to a halt. I closed my eyes and tried to listen for any other sounds. I heard another horse galloping in my direction.

I got of the horse and hid behind a bush. The movement got closer and I could feel my heart beat in my throat. The rider stopped by my horse and got of his own horse. The rider turns around and looks in my direction. The rider takes of the hood.

"Sarah?"

Katerina? She is back! How could this be? And just as the entire town was mysteriously murdered.

"Sarah! I know what you are thinking, it was not me! I found the town that way!"

I moved my foot backwards and tried to get away from her. I turned around and there she was right in front of me.

"Sarah." She tried to reach out to me but I moved back. She cocked her head to the side. There was something wrong with the way she looked at me. She looked at me like I was something to eat.

"I promise you Sarah, everything will be explained." She moved closer to me. "I am going to prove to you that the outside world is better than the one you know."

My back is against the tree, I cannot move back anymore. My breathing quickens and I feel like my heart was going to burst from my chest.

She places her hand against my cheek. She brought her other wrist to her mouth and bit herself. She pushed me against the tree and placed the open wound in my mouth.

"Swallow it." Her eyes changed. I was so scared but I swallowed. "See you later my friend." Then everything went black.

I woke up to the sound of a heart beat. The person sounded scared, the heartbeat was so fast. I opened my eyes to see a young man next to the bed I was lying on. I sat up and moved back so my back was against the wall.

I rubbed my eyes with the heels of my hands. I looked up to the man. "Where am I?" He looked at me with eyes the size of saucers. "What? Why aren't you talking to me!?" That's when I felt it the piercing pain in my head.

"She is awake. Don't bother talking to him, he is compelled to keep his mouth shut." Katerina!
"What did you do to me?"

"I gave you a very special gift. We are going to have so much fun together."