Chapter six

I woke up in a very strange place with very bright lights. I had a tube in my mouth feeding me blood. I sat up and pulled the tube out.

“She said that if you were introduced to a lot of blood you will eat so much that you will go into blood frenzy.”

I tried to speak but struggled to get words out.

“Relax, you have a lot of time to do that. Please see in the closet are some clean clothes. Behind you is a bathroom with a shower and a toilet. The instructions on how to use the facilities are on the small table in the bathroom.”

I tried to stand up but fell down.

“Please can I help her?”

“You are not allowed inside. Wait for her to get stronger will power so she can resist you.” The woman approaches my cage and kneels. “Hello down there my name is Peggy Carter and this is Duke Wilson. We are part of an organisation called SHIELD and we have great plans for you Miss Darling.”

I pulled myself up using the bars and got back on the bed. I placed the tube back in my mouth and tried to take in as much as I could. The more I drank the better I felt.

******

It has been 2 years and I have learnt so much. I have been properly trained and I don’t crave as much blood as I used to before. Today I am receiving my colours; I am officially becoming a SHIELD agent.

After the ceremony I was called into the office and given my first mission.

“Good afternoon Agent Darling, your mission is to infiltrate a Hydra facility. We heard that they are planning to create a super soldier of their own. You have to get as close as you can to the leader and find out how they are going to accomplish this.” There was a knock on the door. “Come in.”

“I am so sorry to disturb you Peggy, I just... I’m sorry to intrude.”

“Please it is no problem. Captain Rogers this is Agent Darling.”

I extend my hand toward him. He looks down at my hand, grins and extends his own. “Quite the death grip you have there.”

“Heard you are the man that could handle it. Has the rumours been wrong?”

He chuckles. “I like her.”

“Good because she is going to be our eyes and ears on the inside.”

“Are you sure that she will be able to handle it.”

“I believe so, she ships out tomorrow morning. Get a good night’s rest Agent Darling you will need it.”

I nod and exit the office. In the hall way were a bunch of soldiers, they must be Captain Rogers’ team. I stop at reception to collect my mission papers.

“I don’t believe we have met before?”