Chapter seven

“I have met a lot of people and you don’t particularly stand out.” I smiled sweetly at him.

“Jacques leave the poor girl alone.”

“Dum I bet you she is harmless.”

He approached me and I look at him with a curious expression.

“Jacques leave her.” I look past the man in front of me and see the captain. “He can make girls feel very uncomfortable. Are you okay?”

I let my teeth out, my eyes turned red. “I am fine, thank you captain.”

Jacques backed away from me and I turned back to normal.  

“Now that you showed everyone what you are. Guys this is Agent Sarah Darling.” He looked over to Jacques. “And if it wasn’t clear, she is a vampire.”

“Beautiful.” He sighed.

“Buck, are you okay?”

“What? Yeah I am fine.”

Captain Rogers introduced me to his Howling Commandoes. And I must say they are an interesting bunch.

Afterward I went back to my room. I sat down on my bed and went through my mission documents. This is going to be very difficult because I am not allowed to take anything with me. That means that I have to leave my blood behind.

I woke up the next morning and got mission ready. I had to impersonate a scientist which was not just a last minute decision. It took months of planning and training. I can now do everything that Howard can do. Maybe better.

I went down to the infirmary. “Breakfast please?” The lady got up and got a blood bag from the fridge. I took the bag from her and made my way down to the training room. Usually everybody is at breakfast now so there is nobody there. I liked to eat by myself since I get strange looks when I start sipping on my bag. I enter the room and took my seat at my usual spot.

“So this is where you hide at breakfast time.” I froze and tried to wipe the blood away. “No don’t. I know what you are; you don’t have to hide it.”

“I know Duke. I just feel like a freak.”

“Well let me tell you something I found you in a cave. You were all shrivelled up and gray.” I playfully nudge him. “You are not a freak to me.”

“I am nervous Duke. I don’t know if I can do this.”

“You can. You just have to believe in yourself.”