Chapter eight

I enter the strange factory with 4 guards around me. I must say they are kind off intimidating, but I kept my pose and took a deep breath. The order went out that they should capture all the best scientists and then we will go through a series of tests. At the end of everything the Hydra leader will choose the worthy candidate as a lab assistant and the rest will be killed.

"Ah the lovely miss Cainn. We were all just waiting for you." His voice sends a shiver down my spine. In his eyes I could see all his victims.

He gave us our tasks and introduced us to Professor Zola. We were busy the entire day with the tasks we were given. Suddenly there were two gun shots. I took a moment to feel if they shot me but I felt no pain.

"Congratulations Miss Cainn you have completed all the tasks without flinching. All you have to do now is pledge your life to serving Hydra. We will have a ceremony to celebrate."

"Thank you sir."

Professor Zola took me down to the lab where I will be his assistant. I looked around. There is a hospital bed in the corner and equipment scattered everywhere. I went closer to the computer. There is a plan on it.

"What is this?"

"This will be Hydra's ultimate weapon. We are going to create a soldier that follows each and every order without hesitation."

In other words you are going to take away their free will. "That will definitely help Hydra win this war."

"Definitely my dear. All we have to do now is find the perfect candidate."

I followed one of the guards to my room. I enter my room, it had only the necessities. I placed my hand on the wall. The coldness matching the heart of it's leader.

"Your Hydra attire is in that drawer. The boots there by the bed. Please get changed."

"What is your name soldier?"

"Peter ma'am."

"Please call me Sapphire."

"Sapphire." We shake hands and I pull him closer. Never breaking eye contact.

"Please don't scream, I really need this." I slowly place my mouth at the crook of his neck and let my teeth sink into his soft skin. The feeling the blood gave me was fantastic. I pull away and look him in the eyes. Fear was nowhere to be found. "Don't tell anyone but you are going to be my new best friend."

"Yes, best of friends."

"Miss Cainn. Your ceremony is about to start."

"Thank you I will be right there."

Peter stayed with me while I changed. I gave him a band aid to cover the mark. We both made our way to the main hall. There were about a hundred men in formation.

After the ceremony the professor took me to see the failed experiments. There were about 20 men, all dying. They were just left there to die.

"Their bodies keep rejecting the serum. We tried to perfect it but we keep on failing. I have no idea what is wrong in the formula. That will be your 1st assignment. To try and figure out what we did wrong."

"Yes sir. I will try and figure it out for you."

"Now go and rest. We start early tomorrow morning."