Chapter 7 - [Serendipity Part 1]

Serendipity: Trouble Hearts

Sunday morning came along, Jihyo was waiting for Jungkook at their town's library. Of course, in her hands are the third book from her favorite author, she was so engrossed in each and every pages that she didn't even noticed Jungkook who are already settled down next to her.

"Is this his new book?"

The voice out of nowhere startled Jihyo, she jumped a bit when Jungkook blew some air to her face. "Ya!" she yelped and smacked him with the book in her hand. "You almost gave me a heart attack dummy," she whispered to him.

"I hope I did." Jungkook mumbled, then opened a gentle smile.

"Huh? What did you say?" Jihyo turned her head at him.

"Nothing~"

Jungkook stared at Jihyo admiring the book, he was amused with the way Jihyo treating the book like sacred treasure. He reached his hand over to her and pulled the book away, knowing that would bother Jihyo but he did that anyway. Then he flipped through the pages, "What so good about his books anyway?" he asked, looking at Jihyo direction.

Jihyo pursed her lips, "It just amazing! You should try to read too!" she quickly grabbed the book back.

"I guess, I can try." Jungkook tilted his head.

They both took out their chemistry homework and some worksheets out for their quizzes tomorrow. There was an awkward silence, since Jihyo tried to read the textbook and Jungkook kept glanced over his shoulder and resting his gaze on her. [Is she not really into me?] he thought to himself, he slightly pout, he knew if it was the other girls from school, they would be head over heels for him. However, it not the same case with Jihyo, the girl is oblivious to everything. He sighed out loud then stretched his arms outward, and accidentally dropped his notebook. It caught Jihyo attention, she bent down as the same time as Jungkook and they smacked their head together.

"Ouchie" Jihyo cried

"That's hurt haha, are you okay?" Jungkook pat her head and snickered a bit.

Jihyo looked up to Jungkook, her big gorgeous eyes blinked, the rows of lashes made Jungkook blushed a bit. Their faces were only few inches away. It startled Jihyo, she immediately leaned backward, "Sorry," she mumbled.

With his hand still ruffled her head, Jungkook smiled "No worry" he saw Jihyo reaction, and it made him felt giddy inside. "Why are you back away in a flash, am I that terrify looking to you?" he teased her. Jihyo covered her face with her hair, she shook her head and said, "No, it just our faces were too close. I never been that close with another dude before, beside Taehyung and my cousin."

Jungkook smirked, "Well, now you will get use to me, since we are friend now." he said with a mischievous tone. Jihyo peeked her one of her eye out and gave him a slight 'Hmph' pout.

All of slight reactions from Jihyo really made Jungkook's heart going crazy, her mannerism, her shyness, and her oblivious to his feeling are killing him, but all of those made him determined to get even closer to her.

During the study, Jungkook would secretly glanced at her, smiled then went back to do his works. Sometimes he would pretend to not understand a problem and just asked Jihyo, so she could help him. Jungkook knows he is a sly fox, but he did it to get her attention anyway.

"Ahhh~ we finally done!" Jihyo reached both of her arms to the back and attempted to stretch. Jungkook copied her, and then gave out a long yawn.