Chapter 18

Senta sat on the edge of the bed, her body was drained of all its energy as she lay down with an exasperated sigh. Loki was still talking to Thor and Balder in the throne room, and she just wanted to sleep for centuries. Turning on her side, she watched as the door opened, and Loki came into the room. He took slow steps toward her, his face etched in concern.

"Darling?" he said, sitting next to her.

She looked up at him with tears brimming her eyes, "I feel empty, I feel lost." Loki pulled her on his lap. He wiped the tears that threatened to spill over her eyes, shushing her as she let out a sob.

Senta curled herself into a fetal position as Loki stroked her hair, she held onto him as she let her tears fall.

"You mustn't feel like talking right now, you can will you are ready. I won't force you, dear." Loki whispered.

Weeks have passed since Loki and Senta had lost their unborn child to her brothers, and Senta was quiet. The people of Asgard held a lighting ceremony for the loss of the unborn child, with Oriel gripping her hand tightly and Loki gripping the other, Senta shed her last tears for the baby that she didn't get to know.

Feeling as if she can move on from mourning, Senta felt it was necessary to finally talk to Loki. She found him standing on the balcony, she approached him warily.

"Lauf- I mean Loki," she said, his name feeling as if it were foreign to her, even when it was on the tip of her tongue when he brought her to orgasm so many nights ago. She still cursed Bani and Bilstyggr for robbing her of what could've been a happy ending for her.

He turned, surprised that she was ready to talk. "Yes, darling?"

"May we talk?" she asked quietly. He grabbed her hand, pulling her close to him.

"Yes, tell me what has been on your mind." He told her.

"Loki, I was hurt and betrayed by my own blood, and I've felt so empty that at one point I questioned if I really wanted to be alive." She started, Loki pulled her in tighter, embracing her in a hug. "I've realized that there are people that love and care about me, and I wouldn't want them feeling the grief and loss that I've felt. I know that my memory is still hazy, and I know that deep in my mind - in my heart - that I love you." He could hear her voice cracking, and see the tears running down her cheeks. He wiped them away, kissing both cheeks, and her lips. He pulled away to look her in the eyes.

"I love you too, more than you know, Senta

"I love you too, more than you know, Senta. I would go mad if I lost you as well." He told her.

Her eyes fluttered as she looked up at him, "How selfish could I have been to not take your feelings into consideration? You must've been just as hurt as I when they..." she trailed off as she clutched her belly.

Loki eased her back to their room, "Please lie down. You mustn't worry." Of course, he was heartbroken, but Senta got the worst of it. He knew that she was still hurting and grieving, but she wanted to move on.

"I'm fine," she promised. "I can't stay in this room avoiding everyone anymore." She gave him an honest and hopeful look. He nodded and proceeded with her wishes. They both left his room, gracing the palace with their presence, and going into the throne room. Thor and Balder were engaged in a conversation as the couple walked in.

"Ah, there they are. We were have a discussion of you both." Thor announced, his voice wasn't loud and boisterous as it usually is. Balder nodded at the two as they strode up to them. "Balder has some words he would like to discuss with Senta."

"Princess, I would like to apologize sincerely to you. I was foolish to believe that you could ever be as evil as your brothers. And because of them, you lost something precious and beautiful." Balder said. He grabbed Senta's hand, "You have been nothing but sincere and loving, especially towards my brother. I am happy that you are still alive and well, but It angers me what your brothers did to you."

Loki gently took Senta's hand out of Balder's grasp, "Thank you for your kind words, brother."

Thor gripped Loki's shoulder, "Loki, we talked to father. He wants to have a coronation ceremony for you, honoring both of you. It's his way of admitting he was wrong." Loki nodded with a small smile. He wasn't as happy about it as he wanted to be because of the circumstances. He looked over to Senta, and she smiled at him. Things were starting to look up, Senta was starting to feel like herself, her memories were coming as flashes, but they were still coming. And he was starting to get the respect from Odin that he deserved, at least he hoped. He hoped Thor didn't see him as just a disappointment any longer.

Gripping Senta's hand, he knew in her eyes he could never be a disappointment. He knew that she had melted his cold heart.

 He knew that she had melted his cold heart

Hey guys! That's the end! Finally pushed through my writer's block and finished this story. Loki and Senta got their happy ending after all. I hope you all enjoyed this book, and the rest of the books in the series. Also If you love Morphine (Senta) and Bucky, please read Winter's Inferno, which is the sequel to Fire and Desire. My girl Morphine out here getting all the avengers, nobody's safe from her loving.