Chapter 7

Heimdall stood at his post, his golden eyes stared into the abyss. He watched intently with his hands gripping his sword as he waited. As expected, a fiery portal opened up, and out came the four demons of Muspelheim. Heimdall pulled the sword out  and preparing to stop the demons from getting into Asgard. "I could see you coming, demons." He said. They all laughed, "Then let's see if you can see this!" Bilstyggr shouted before sending a gust of flames at Heimdall. He dodged the flames, swinging his sword towards Bilstyggr.

"Brothers, Asmund, go forth! I shall stay and kill the gatekeeper!" Bilstyggr shouted. Bani nodded, "Let us go!" He said hastily, and leading Vigr and Asmund to the palace.

***

Senta looked around at all of the servants and guards running amuck, the screams of the maidens rang throughout the palace. She looked around, trying to find out what was going on, why everyone was screaming and running around. She was then pulled away speedily, Loki looked forward with a firm look on his face. Once they were off to the side where no one could see them, he pushed her against the wall not too hard. "Are you mad, woman?" He questioned, "Standing around a varletry of mad people!" She pushed herself away from the wall and him, determined to figure out what was going on.

"I need to see what is going on." She said to him. Just as Senta said that, there was an explosion followed by more screams.

"Senta, we are being attacked. You must go somewhere safe." Loki said. She ignored him, running towards the guards, looking around and taking a sword from one of them. Loki followed her, thinking she had a deathwish.

"She certainly is mad." He mumbled to himself as she twirled the sword in her hand with ease. More flames burned throughout the palace, and through the smoke, Senta could see a figure. Not just one, but three. Bani, Vigr, and Asmund emerged from the smoke.

"Stop at once!" came Thor's booming voice as he, Balder, the Warriors Three, and Sif walked down the hall as all of the guards split apart, getting out of the way of the king and his warriors. Senta and Loki followed them.

Thor and Bani sized each other up, as Asmund sent a hate-filled glare at Loki. Loki smirked, smiling a knowing smile at Asmund as he put an arm around Senta. "Give us our sister back, and this shall end, Odinson." Bani said.

"You're sister is where she belongs now, with my brother. Now leave, or I shall smite you and your comrades." Thor said. His hand tightening around Mjlonir. Bani's face contorted into a hard glower.

Balder decided to step in, "I say we kill them where they stand, brother."

"NO!" Senta shouted, gaining everyone's attention. "Do not kill them for they are my brothers."

"Senta come to your brother, we shall leave this disgusting Asgardian place." Bani said. Senta thought hard, it would be good to be with her own kind again, but for some reason she wanted to stay. She would just pretend it was because of Leidr, which was the half truth, and she couldn't stand to be around Asmund.

"I can not be in that palace with your mother any longer." She said, then looked at Asmund, who smiled at her.

"Sister, please." Vigr begged. "We will have a talk with mother, maybe father could reason with her."

"No, there is no reasoning when it comes to that hag. I have done everything I can for father, and I wish to stay here." She said.

"Over my dead body! You will leave this palace, and come back home with us. Or I shall kill y-" Before Bani could finish, a gust of green magic surged through him, knocking him to the ground. Both Vigr and Asmund held up their weapons, preparing for the battle. Loki walked towards Bani, looking down at him.

"Don't ever threaten her again, scum." He said.

"Brother, respect your maiden's wishes. We will not kill them." Thor said. Loki glanced at Senta, who stared back at him with wide eyes. 

"You are lucky, demon. All of you." Loki said. Senta came to Loki's side, trying to pull him back, but he wouldn't budge. "You will all leave, and go back to that hell you call a realm. You will leave with the little pride you have."

"We will do no such thing, until my bride comes back with me!" Asmund yelled, running towards Loki while swinging his sword. Everyone was prepared for the attack, but no one expected Senta to block the attack with her sword.

"I am not leaving with you, Asmund. I made that very clear." She said, knocking his sword out of his hand. She plunged her sword into his abdomen, and he fell to his knees, holding the wound.

"You attacked a demon." Bani said shocked. He stood up, anger written all over his face. "You wounded a son of Muspelheim for an Asgardian!"

"I did what I had to do." Senta said unmoved. 

"We were right to banish you." Bani growled.

"Then what will taking me back prove? I will not let father control me any longer. I am where I need to be. I love you all, but this is madness." She said, gesturing to the chaos that her brothers and Asmund created. "Please, just leave me be."

"Senta." Vigr said, dropping his sword and pulling Senta into a tight embrace. "I hate to say this, but I too think it is better for you to stay in Asgard. No matter what mother says about you, I love you. Bani and Bilstyggr love you, they are just too proud to say it. And father loves you too."

"Enough of your words, demon. You bore me." Loki said, rolling his eyes. Senta glared at him before looking at her brother again.

"I love you too." She said.

"Come, Vigr. Come Asmund. We must retrieve Bilstyggr, and leave the traitor be." Bani said, while glaring at Senta. 

"Call me what you will, but we all know this is for the best." She said to him. He just turned his back, and they all comburst into flames and disappeared.

"I am proud of you, princess." Thor said, pulling her into a hug. "Yes, she is quite the swordsman." Balder said.

"She would make a fine addition, friends." Volstagg said while patting Loki on the back. "Right, Loki?" Loki grunted, taking Senta's hand, and pulling her away from the warriors and his brothers. He dragged her to his room, shutting the door with a slam, and pulling her in an embrace so tight.

"My darling, you've risked your life to save my own." He said, leaning in to kiss her lips, she pulled away from him. With a glare, she huffed at him. "You fight so hard, let your guard down tonight. Let me show you the exhilaration that’s possible when you entrust someone with your body and your soul."

"I-I can't." She said to him. Her hard expression softened a bit.

"All your worries, anxieties, troubles are banished from this place. I have naught but contempt for anything that would rob your lips of a captivating smile or a curious glint in your eyes. Now come closer; bring me your beautiful lips.” He said, pulling her into a sweet kiss.