Chapter 5

Loki and Senta ate quietly in the dining hall. The silence was uncomfortable as Loki stared at Senta, and she looked everywhere but at him. Before he could try to get her attention, he heard his brother's voice echo down the halls as footsteps were heard making their way down the hall. In walks Thor, Sif, The Warrior Three, and his eldest half brother, Balder.

"Ah, I've missed these halls!" Balder shouted, smiling widely. He had come home from Vanaheim, spreading peace, and living among the Vanir with Hogun, who also decided to come back to Asgard.

"Balder, you were definitely missed." Sif said to him. Her eyes lit up as she smiled up at him.

"I wish I were here to..." He sighed, Thor and the rest looked on sadly at him.

"It's alright brother, mother is in Valhalla now." Thor said. Balder nodded, then turned to see Loki staring at him. He walked over to him and Senta, Loki stood up glaring at his oldest brother.

"What brings you here, Balder? After everything that has happened, you show up now?" Loki said lowly. Senta stood up, staring at the tall blonde god, he didn't look or dressed like everyone else in the kingdom. His face was covered in dirt, and he looked tired.

"Do you really think you should be questioning me? Why have you done so much wrong in such a small amount of time? Thor has told me what happened, and I am disappointed in you, brother." Balder said. Thor nodded, keeping his face blank, and Sif smirked. The Warriors Three watched as the brothers stared each other down.

Loki chuckled, "Brother? Has Thor also told you that I wasn't your brother."

Balder looked to Thor, who sadly looked to Loki. "Is this true, Thor?"

Thor nodded, "It is. Loki is...not of Asgard." Loki glared, having to remember the talks he had with Odin. He decided to change the subject, not wanting to talk about his true parentage. There was so little that Balder knew, it didn't seem right to spring all of it on him at once.

"I'm sorry, enough about that, brother. Meet my bride to be, Princess Senta of Muspelheim." Loki said, putting his arm around Senta, and pulling her close to him.

Balder smiled, "I've never heard of a Demon that willingly wants to marry an Asgardian. I am Balder Odinson"

"But the maidens call him Balder the brave. I am Fandral the dashing." Fandral said, walking towards Senta and placing her hand in his and kissing it. Senta heard a rumbling growl from Loki's chest as he pulled her closer to him. Fandral shrugged, chuckling and introducing Hogun and Volstagg.

"And you already know the Lady Sif." Thor said smiling.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all. If you don't mind, I must rest now." Senta said, looking up to Loki, he nodded as they walked out of the dining hall.

Balder stared after them, "Do you think something isn't right with that?" He asked.

"With what, brother?" Thor asked.

"Loki and this Senta. Do you think something seems odd with their betrothal? Do you not remember you, father, and I defeated and imprisoned Surtur, her father? Do you not remember the one who released him? Loki is up to something, brother." He replied.