Chapter 3

The princes, Bani, Bilstyggr, and Vigr stood with their mother in her throne room.

“My sons, your sister is betrothed to an Asgardian. That means she will be out of the palace, she will be banished from this palace and Muspelheim.” Leidr said. Her sons tried to protest, but she shushed them. “Your father is more important, Senta isn’t.”

“How could you say that, mother. She is just as important as father. She is still our sister, and we love her no matter her parentage.” Bilstyggr said.

“But she will soon be an Asgardian once she marries one. Does that not mean anything to you?” She asked.

Bani stood quietly to the side, wondering how Senta could betray them even more. Sure it was his father’s idea for her to do so, but it still made the kingdom look bad that their princess is off to marry an Asgardian.

“Mother,” Vigr said softly, “Our sister has sacrificed a lot to save father, please see reason and try to understand.”

“See reason!” Leidr shouted. “I am the voice of reason in this palace! If we allow Senta to stay in the palace, who knows what secrets she could share with the Aesir.”

“I agree with mother.” Bani spoke up.

“Bani, you do not mean that.” Vigr said to his oldest brother. “She is our sister!”

“Do you think I don’t know that? The point is that once they are married, they are one, she is no longer a Muspeli, she is an Asgardian. She may still be a demon, but not of Muspelheim anymore.” Bani said, as their mother looked on at him proudly.

“You are far too young to understand, Vigr. Bilstyggr, I would have at least thought you would side with me as well.” Leidr said. “I know now who would be a true heir to the throne when your father is long gone.” She walked off, ignoring the growls of her sons. Bilstyggr and Vigr glared at their older brother, as Bani growled in return.

“Brother, you cannot side with mother on this.” Bilstyggr said.

“I will not discuss this with you again, brothers. Once father is back into the palace, we will discuss it.” Bani said,

A guard rushed towards the Surtursons with his sword a blaze. “What is the meaning of this?” Bani asked.

“My lords, there are two Asgardians outside the palace, they have come for Princess Senta. Shall we unleash the army?” The guard asked. Bani waved his hand dismissively, “Put away your sword, and let them in.”

“Brother, no!” Bilstiggr said.

Bani ignored them, as he watched the guard walk down the halls to let in the Aesir. They followed behind the guard, walking confidently, as if they were better than the demons. They even thought it was true. As Thor and Loki walk down the corridor with arrogance, the Surtursons glared in their direction.

Stopping in front of the demons, Thor was the first to speak. “Bring us the princess, and we’ll leave peacefully and quietly.”

Bani stood in his place, his brothers standing behind him, ready to fight if Thor made one wrong move. “I hope you know that my father-“

“We are not here to talk about your father, just send the princess and we will be on our way.” Loki said, cutting Bani’s sentence short. Bani told the guard to get Senta, but Loki stopped him, offering to get the princess himself.

Senta hated being locked away in chamber like common damsel. She wanted to get out of the palace, and explore all of the nine realms. Deep in her thoughts of freedom, there came a knock at her door. She opened her door, and in walks the Asgardian she saw making a deal with her father. Her face contorted in curiousity. He shuts her door, walking towards her like a predator approaching its prey. His predatory gaze made it even more uncomfortable for her.

“My, my, you are much more beautiful up close.” He said to her. “I am Loki of Asgard.”

This was the Asgardian she would marry, “You,” she said quietly, looking up at him with wide eyes.

“Come now, dear. We are to be married soon.” He said grabbing her hand, she flinched away. He was cold for an Asgardian. “I will not bite, unless you want me to.”

“Where is my father?” She asked, ignoring his advances.

Loki frowned, “He is still in prison, I promised to set him free once you are on Asgard.” He said. She nodded, slipping her hand in his, ignoring the cold of his flesh. If he were colder, it’d be uncomfortable to touch him, but she got used to the feel of his skin.

“I hope you know that I only agreed to this for my father. If you think of touching me in any way, I will rip your heart out, and burn it.” She threatened. Loki smirked at her feistiness. This would be a fun marriage.

“Let us go now, for we are to act in love for the sake of my brother.” He said, opening her door, and pulling her out. Once they were standing with Thor and her brothers, they were ready to leave.

“Senta! Do not leave with them!” They turned to see Asmund running to them with his sword in his left hand, for his right hand was gone. Senta rolled her eyes. “If you leave with them, I will have no choice but to kill them.”

“Asmund, I am marrying Loki. We are in love, and I am leaving with him.” She said to him.

“I do not believe it!” Asmund shouted, his voice ringing through the room.

“Let her go, Asmund. She has betrayed us enough.” Bani said. “Go, and never come back, Senta. You are banished from this kingdom and this realm.”

“You can’t do that! Brother, I’ve done nothing wrong.” Senta said. Bani put his hand up, silencing her.

“Enough, I do not want to be in your presence, go!” He shouted at her. Bilstyggr and Vigr hugged her.

“We will miss you, sister. Bani will come around.” Vigr said. She nodded, gave Bani one last look, not sparing Asmund a glance, and leaving with the Asgardians.

Coming to Asgard was surreal to Senta, she would interact with Asgardians without fighting them. The gatekeeper watched her carefully with his golden. “Princess Senta.” He addressed her, standing stoic at his post. They walked past him, walking down the bifrost to the beautiful palace of Asgard. “I’m sure you will love it here, princess.” Thor said. “You can finally be with Loki, and your child will grow up to be a wonderful warrior, I’m sure of it.”

Child? She thought. “I am not with ch-“ Loki stopped her from speaking out the truth by interrupting her.

“Yes, you’re right, brother. Senta and I will be very happy.” He gave her a look that she knew all too well, the queen would give them to her when she’d speak, telling her to shut up. She glared at him, reminding herself it’s for her father.

“Very well.” Thor said as they continued to walk.