Never Be Alone

"Scott, please don't go." Stiles cried, reaching for Scott as he got ready to leave.  Tears poured freely down the pale cheeks of the sad boy while he watched the person he loved get ready to leave for a little while.

"Stiles, I have to." Scott spoke as he threw on his leather jacket.  He turned to see Stiles so broken and it hurt.  He didn't like when Stiles was unhappy.

"Why?  You're always gone."

Scott sighed and gripped his boyfriend in his arms.  He knew how he felt.  Scott didn't like being away but he was needed elsewhere.  The tan boy knew that this always caused problems.

"I promise that one day I'll be around.  I'll keep you safe.  I'll keep you sound."

Stiles choked out a sob and pushed Scott away.  He was torn between hating him and loving him.  Deep down he knew he loved him but didn't like the things Scott did.  It always kept the sad boy awake at night.

"Let me come with you.  I hate all of this!" Stiles hugged himself tighter.  Scott tried to get closer but Stiles wouldn't let him.

"Right now it's pretty crazy." He spoke slowly but getting quicker. "And I don't know how to stop or slow it down."

"How do I even know that you're doing what you say when you're gone?" Stiles tugged at his hair before turning to face the only window, refusing to let Scott see him become weaker and weaker.

It hurt Scott to hear Stiles say that he didn't trust him. But it's not like he didn't expect it.  He knew it would not be smooth sailing with events like the ones happening.

All Scott wanted at the moment was to heal the broken boy.  He wanted to stay forever but had to leave soon. 

"Hey," Scott said, reaching for his lover. "I know there are some things we need to talk about." He set his hand upon the shoulder and felt pain, he tried to take some away but Stiles pulled away.  Although, he did turn around.

"The pain makes me numb, if you take it away, all I will feel is sadness." Stiles' voice trembled as he spoke the sentence that meant a lot more than both thought. 

Scott faltered and stopped.  Never did he expect for Stiles to become so numb just because he's hardly there.  But here they were while it became so unbearable that Stiles wasn't even crying, anymore.

"Let's talk right now."

"But I can't stay, so just let me hold you for a little longer now." Scott fully reached for Stiles and pulled him to the bed, figuring that he could stay for at least another hour.  He prioritized Stiles over whatever he was needed for.

"What am I supposed to do while you're gone?  I'll be all alone." Stiles sniffles, his face showing no emotion as he lied his head upon Scott's chest.  He looked around the dark lit room while waiting for an answer.

"So, take a piece of my heart, and make it all your own.  So when we are apart, you'll never be alone." Each word uttered sounded so beautiful to the pale boy.  He loved the way the sweet words rolled off Scott's tounge like he meant every word.

"But I'll know deep down that I'm alone."

"You'll never be alone... You'll never be alone." Scott repeated. "When you miss me close your eyes.  I may be far but never gone."

"I love you so much." Stiles sat up and kissed Scott like it was the last time they'd see each other.  It would be for the last time in a while, but neither wanted to admit it. "I don't even understand how I manage to fall asleep without you next to me.  I think I just pass out eventually."