| 3 |

I ran out of the shower

I ran out of the shower. Trying my best not to slip and fall. Soapy water drips all over the new million dollar carpet Guero just got us but I didn't care. The phone was ringing and my heart was breaking. I know what you're thinking, it's just a phone call. it's not. "You don't know me Elena, Guero's dead. Get of the house." The phone in my hand dropped. My breathing became uneasy, my eyes watering. I took a few steps back. Just trying to take everything in. When it did I knew I had to hurry.

"Theresa!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Rushing back up the stairs I dropped the towel that was around and headed straight for my room to put on anything. "Theresa!" I call out again, this time she came running into the room. Her face scrunched up with confusion I'm sure as she looks at the panicked girl before her.

"Call Drew tell him to get to the safe house. Then call Brenda. Hurry Theresa!" I shouted pulling on my jeans as fast as I could. Theresa looked at me still unsure on what was happening but I knew her better than that. She was a smart girl and I knew I didn't have to tell her much more for her to piece together everything. Theresa nodded. Quickly running out of the room. 

I took one last look at everything around me. Knowing this would be the last time that I ever see this place again. As I stare at this empty room trying to replay every moment Guero and I had together. I felt the hit tears slide down my cheeks, I quickly wipe them away. Turning on my heel I race down the hallway and grab Theresa. We needed to get to Brenda before they do.

***

By the time we reached Brenda it was nearly to late. Epifanio's men where already closing in. By the time we jumped out the window they where inside, a gun pointed to Chinos head. I was frantically trying to pull Brenda from scene that was about it unfold when the loud banging sound of a gun echoes. My eyes widen with fear as I watch Chinos body clasp to ground. The men who shot him where now running in our direction. Brenda's screaming so distance even though she's ride beside me.

"Brenda!" I shouted. Grabbing her arm and jerking her in the direction Teresa and Tony where already running. Each step my foot my feet made against the hard ground I felt my heart pound harder. I was scared. I was terrified. And all I wanted was Guero.

***

I was a panting mess. My vision was blurry. My heart pounding so hard I thought it might rip open my chest. I leaned my head up against the wall. Closing my eyes trying to take a breather.
"Elena we have to keep moving." Theresa mumbles breathless. I open my eyes to see her standing in front of me. She was right, I knew she was we needed to keep moving; to find somewhere to hide out.

We had dropped Brenda and Tony off with my brother who promised to keep them safe. We told them we'd contact them as soon as we could with a plan but in reality we had no idea what we was doing. Me and Teresa where still on the run here in Mexico, Epifanio's men still lurking around.

"I know, I know." I raise off the wall. I take a look around us, glancing down the street to see if Epifanio's men where around. Thank god they aren't. "What do we do? What did Guero tell you to do?" Teresa asked me. That's when it hit me, I knew exactly what we had to do.