| 34 |

My eyes flutter, my arm reaches over trying to pull the warm body against me

My eyes flutter, my arm reaches over trying to pull the warm body against me. But there's nothing. My arm doesn't touch a warm body but only lands on the bed. I open my eyes to look beside me expecting to see James but Instead I'm met with a metal wall, stray pillows, and myself.

He ghosted you.

Wrapping the sheet around my body I throw my legs off the bed and start into the trailer where of course I don't see him. I let out a small sigh then look on the counter praying that he has a coffee pot. It's been forever since I've actually had coffee.

My eyes light up like sparklers the moment they saw the small black coffee pot. I decided that before I made coffee I needed some clothes on. I walk back into the bedroom and pick up one of James shirt he had laying folded along the window sill.

I pull this shirt over my face and I'm hit with the familiar sweet - not so sweet - minty, nicotine scent. I didn't understand my brain at this moment. I don't like cigarettes. I hate the smell but yet where I am lavishing in it.

As I finished making the coffee and searching the small fridge for some food I decided to take a walk outside to look for James. The cold breeze stings my bare legs, my arms crossed over my chest as my eyes scan the landscape for him.

I noticed his car was still here which meant he didn't leave me here and I hoped if he did leave me here he'd at least leave me a note. I take my time walking around the trailer but it's then that I see James at the dock sitting in a chair at the edge of it, smoke rolling over his shoulders.

I slowly make my way over him. Not quite sure if he even wants to see me right now, I mean he could've left me in the trailer by my self for a reason and that reason being that he didn't want to see me. I start to slow my pace towards him still very wary. I stalk towards him, he's still sitting in a chair staring over the lake with a cigarette in his hand.

"Hey." I say lowly once I reach him, he looks over his shoulder at me then back at the lake. "What are you doing out here?"

He huff some smoke out and turns to face me. "My shirt looks good on you." His lips twist up into a smirk making my cheeks heat up. I cover my face with my hands slightly embarrassed. When I pull my hands down James is smirking at me he then gets up and comes to me. Wrapping his arms around my waist.

My hands tangle in his hair as I stare up at him. Somehow I feel content, safe and I find my self not wanting this moment to end. But unfortunately it does and to soon.

"I've got something to handle today. Some of my boys can't get some information out of someone."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I didn't want to know to what he meant by that and I didn't want to know what he was going to be doing but yet I found myself asking anyways.

"What does that mean, What's going on today?"

"Just something Camila needs done. Look, it won't take long just stay here till I get back."
His left hand comes up to my face and cup my cheek, his face slowly starts to lean in our noses brush each other's. My eyes close absentmindedly. Just as our lips where about to touch James pulls back only inches as if he's hesitating but it doesn't even take a second before his lips press against mine in a small sweet kiss.

"I'll be back."

***

I've been pacing the trailer back and forth for a good hour now. I didn't know what to do with my self. I cleaned up the trailer, I folded his clothes, I even made spaghetti. I don't even know if he likes that dish but I made it.

I run my hands through my hair had heave a loud sigh. I didn't know what I was doing, being here not doing anything was definitely not my thing and suddenly I'm realizing what a horrible house wife I would be.

I take a seat on the small sofa in the trailer and lean up against the table, my hands covering my face.

*thud*

My head shoots up, my eyes dart to the door. What was that? My trembling legs stood me up and I started walking to the door. My mind was rambling all the bad things that could happen. I open the door slowly and peek out not seeing anything so I take this time to walk further out.

What are you doing Elena.

The trailer door shuts behind me and suddenly I feel a cold metal object pressed against the back of my head. My whole body freezes up, my hands ball up into fists. I know what's against my head, I know what's about to happen and the thought that can master up in side my head is James.

I close my eyes. My breathing hitching in my throat as I wait for the darkness to spread all around me.

But it doesn't and instead I'm met with a stern women's voice.

"Get on your knees."

Fuck.

________

And that's the end of this book! I know a bit of a cliff hanger but I promise book two will be out soon and it'll get more into James and Elena.

And Elena's brother Plan to take over the business.

I also want to take this time to thank every single of you who had supported this book that whole way through and I love you guys dearly !!!

All love xx