| 25 |

I gave Maria her clothes back, changed back into mine, and was now sitting in the empty hotel room waiting for James to call

I walk around the room. My mind going back to my brother. How did he find here? How did he know I was going to He here?

I guess you'll find out when you get to Mexico.

Mexico.

How am I going to get to Mexico. There's no way, James will stop me every time and I know he won't just let me walk. I could leave at night. Pack my bags and leave.

But I couldn't take the car the whole way, they have trackers in them. So what does that leave me. To get it towed. I'll have to get it towed, and then I'll figure it out then.

"Maria." I say. I was going off a hunch here. "Do you know any coyotes?"

She nods. Her eyes looking at me in confusion.

"Okay, this is what we're going to do. When I get the call I need you to rush home pack all your bags and wait for me to come get you."

"No, no, I left Mexico to start a life. I won't go back."

"Maria if we don't do this, these people will kill you because you saw my face. Please."

She waited a few seconds thinking about my plan. Her eyes filled with tears, then she finally spoke. "Okay."

It was now that heard the police sirens go off. I raced to the window there speeding on the small freeway was a ton of cops. They did it. Now why hasn't James called me?

Is he okay? Did he get hurt? Oh, god what if he's dead.

But these thoughts fade as soon as the phone in my hands begins to ring and I'm releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding. "James -" he cut me off

"Elena, we have trouble. One of them is alive, he got away. Go back to his hotel room, if he shows up keep him there."

"What - what do you mean. James what's going?"

"He saw my face, he knows. Do not let him leave, Elena he can't leave." I hung up the phone. My heart filling with dread. I look at Maria nodding to her that she can go. She quickly gets up and goes to the door I follow suit.

But before she opens it she turns to me. "You're not like them and I will be great full you saved me but I will never forgive you for this."

I didn't keep eye contact with her but only pushed her out of my way. I then started running towards the stairs.

I felt bad - no I felt more than bad for what I've done to her and her family but they're still alive and that's all that matters. I won't become like these people, like James. I won't kill a innocent person.

I reach the room the men where staying in, my eyes immediately going to the blood trail on the floor. Yeah he's definitely here. I reach behind me and pull out the gun. My hands where trembling.

I open the door and point the gun at the figure resting on the couch. A phone in his hand as he tried to dial a number. "Put down the phone!"

"You where here before, you're a part of this." His voice sounded hurt, broken, and confused. "Oh, you don't know how dead you are." He finished at the same time I was saying 'stop talking'

"You understand me, you're dead!"

"Stop talking. Just stop." My voice was almost trembling. My eyes taken a glance at my hand holding the gun and its shaking, I can barely hold it. I didn't want to pull the trigger, oh lord please don't make me pull it. Just stop talking, wait for James.

A fire lit inside my chest and suddenly everything was growing smaller and smaller.

"You're dead, all of you are dead!" He shouted at me making me flinch. My breathing was jagged, my stomach was flipping.

Please don't make me shot you.

"Stop . . Just stop talking."

"You have no idea what kind of family you just messed with." He then leaned forward. My eyes quickly moving from him to his own gun that rested on the table. This made me even more nervous. I took a small wary step forward.

"Stop. Don't move!" I tried to raise my voice. To seem less scared than I actually was.

"Look at you, you're so scared you can barley hold the gun." He chuckles in a painful way. My heart was beating faster. My grip on the gun tighten. He could see me, the real me. The terrified native little girl. He was seeing me.
"Look at you, you're so scared your shaking."

"Just stop!"

"Oh, I get it now. You're scared I'm going to hurt you, oh, you're scared I'm gonna grab that little short and pull the trigger before you get a shot off."

Stop talking, stop talking, stop talking

"If that's what your scare of little girl, that's not what's going to happen sweetheart, I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to let you go."

Lying. He's lying.

"That's right, I'm gonna let you walk your sweet little ass out that door right there. You know why? Cause you remind me of a story, you never heard of the story of the great badass warrior who kills everyone, but leaves one alive to go back to the tribe and tell them all about the tale and to warn their ass that the badass is coming for them."

"Please stop." This time my voice came out trembling and shaking. My words where stutters. My breathing by this point was panting.

"That's you sweetheart. You are the survivor. You can go back and tell them that this badass is coming for them." He the starts to lean forward. My whole body lighting up with fear. My eyes never this man. He changed over and over 'I'm not gonna kill you' but his body kept leaning forward for the gun in the table.

Stop. Don't do it. Please just stop.

*bang*

Every thing was happening in fast forward. From him reaching for the gun, to me pulling the trigger.

My brain was spinning. There was ringing in my ears. I stood in cold hearted fear, the gun in my hands fell to the floor, my eyes widen as I stared at the body pooling blood. Gasps where leaving my lips, my hand cling to my chest.

I took a step backwards. My chest was on fire, my brain was raging so many thoughts.

What have I done?

Everything was growing smaller, the walls closing in on me. I've got to get out of here. My hands reach down grabs the gun, My feet where moving before my mind had realized I had left the room and was now racing down the stairs.

_______

Hey everyone!!

I wanted to say thanks so much for the support and love you have given me on my story. I just wanted to inform you guys that this book will be ending soon

But no worries because book two will be coming and book two is where my own plot line comes in. Only a few of season two episodes of 'Queen of the south' will be in.
I hope you enjoy.

All love xx