| 31 |

"It's not always about what you want, Elena!" He sends me daggers over his shoulder as he paced back and fourth, running hand and hand through his hair

One moment me and my brother are fine and then the next we're fighting. It's as if someone is pressing a button every so often.

"Drew you know nothing about running this business, you have no idea the dangers!"

"ELENA!" He shouts. His hands flying in the air.

"DREW!" I mock back. By this point both our chests where heaving up and down rapidly over the anger running through our veins. Our eyes glued to one another.

He sighs, pinches the bridge of his nose, and closes his eyes. "I know what I'm doing, I looked into it. I know the dangers that come with being in the cartel . . . But I also have a plan." He looks up at me. "Please Elena, please. Do this for me - for us. I know it sounds crazy but it will work we can have everything plus more, you just need to do what I'm asking."

"What you're asking me to do can get me killed."

"You're smarter than that."

***

I sat in the back seat of the solid black SUV my brother had arranged to take me back to the coyotes. His plan ringing in my ears. What he wanted to do was dangerous, stupid, and crazy all at the same time. He wanted me to become Camilas second hand.

But she has James for that.

What my brother wanted was stupid if you think about it. We had all that once, when Geuro was in charge - even then my brother wanted what he had - so now it's understandable why he wants what he wants.

But asking me to something like this. Something so dangerous that could and mostly get me killed me? Why would he do this, why would he do this to me?

I heaved a loud sigh as the car halts to a stop. My eyes looking at the men waiting for me to crawl back through the tunnel. I felt my stomach do flips at the rage James was about to cast upon me. I wonder if he told Camila? I wonder if the moment I step out of that tunnel they'll be waiting for me, to kill me.

Shoot me in the head and then bury where no one will find me.

I wonder if it will be James who does it.

With these thoughts spinning my brain I somehow find my self climbing down the ladder. I just pretend to the god or any higher being that when I resurfaced I wouldn't become dead.