| 21 |

I pull back into the warehouse after my morning deliveries

I pull back into the warehouse after my morning deliveries. Honestly I was so wore out I just wanted to sleep till 3p.m again. As I exited out the car I noticed Camila and whole crew of her men gathering items and getting into cars. I also noticed James. Which made my stomach do flip flops. I hadn't talked to since the events that played out a day ago. The whole 'almost' kissing thing.

I think both of us where keen on avoiding each other. It was a mutual unspoken agreement between us and I was okay with that.

I started walking towards the warehouse. James was leaning against his car smoking a cigarette while Camila stood in front of him. I had this wary feeling that I wasn't going to be able to cross with being stopped.

"Elena." Camila stopped me.

I knew it. Fuck.

"Yeah?" I ask. Avoiding James's glare in my direction.

"I need you to go on a run. It's a shipment." Camila informs me. I felt my stomach twist and I wanted to puke. I wanted to tell her no, but what good would that bring me? None. "Today, Elena. It's very important. You did a good job at Birdman's. Just go with James." And then it was. The words I was praying for her not to say but she did anyways.

I only nodded towards her then started to walk to the passenger seat. I didn't look at James, I didn't even acknowledge he was there until he spoke up. "Aren't you lucky, you get to ride with me."

That arrogant fucking asshole. I ignored him. I knew he was only doing this to get under my skin. I wasn't about to let him do this to me.

I glance over at James while he pulls out of the parking lot. The vibrant sunlight lit up his features perfectly, showing off just how handsome he was. But still his good looks couldn't change the fact of how awful he truly was. Cold and heartless. I tried to remind myself.

I still couldn't believe that we almost shared a kiss. I felt almost disgusted in myself.

I guess James felt my stare and took a glance towards me. I tore my eyes away from him, my blood starting to boil with angry and frustration at the fact he caught me staring. Suddenly the car was no longer silent as James had turned on the radio and a low hum of dirty rap music started to play.

Should have known that's what he listens to.

I rolled my eyes. "James turn it off, please."

But no answer all he did was reach up and crank the volume up louder, how much of a dick can he be?

If he wanted to play the silent mouse game then I would to. I reach up and turned the music up louder than he previously did. I sat back with a sly smirk resting on my lips as I looked over at James who was already getting aggravated. Suddenly his hand flies up and slams on the power button turning the music off.