III

For anyone wondering the ages for this story are: Pidge-18, Lance-19, Keith-20, Shiro-24, Hunk-19, Allura-20, Matt- 23

Keith's POV

"Why do I have to wear this?" Pidge wined, she stepped out of the room, wearing a long lime green shimmering dress. She wore elbow high lime green gloves and her hair was moved to one side of her face that gave her a fringe. Instead of her glasses, she wore clear contacts.

"You look gorgeous Pidge." Hunk smiled.

She huffed out a 'thank you', as Hunk pushed me into the room. The door shut, and inside hung a black tux with a red tie. I sighed and got undressed, putting the tux on. I tied the tie around my neck and opened the door stepping out.

"Keith! You look great." Pidge smiled.

"Thanks."

Hunk just studied me, "It's missing one thing..." he snapped his fingers and ran off. He came back seconds later holding small blue rose. He tucked it into the small pocket of my tux. "There..." He smiled.

"Thanks..." I breathed, the truth was I was nervous. I know we don't fit in with royals and rich people.Hunk might, but Pidge and I are far from it.

Shiro walked into the store holding a tray with four cups in it. "I brought coffee- Wow. You two look great." Shiro beamed.

"Thank you." Pidge said walking over to him and grabbing a cup of coffee.

"Thanks..." I sighed.

"You seem nervous Keith, what's wrong?" Shiro asked, walking over to me after setting the tray of coffee cup on the counter, He placed his hand on my shoulder and I sighed again.

"He's just nervous because he has a huge crush on Lance." Pidge giggled.

"I don't even know the guy!" I protested. Shiro watched my eyes as I turned and yelled at Pidge. I looked up at him questioningly and he only nodded to himself. Hunk and Shiro looked at each other and nodded, I was very confused. I looked to Pidge for some sort of insight, but she just looked back and me and shrugged. I went over too Pidge leaving Shiro and Hunk to talk or whatever.

"Lance would be stupid not to choose you, Keith." Pidge chuckled.

"He can't and you know that." I sighed.

"Why can't he?" She asked.

"The same reason our parents are dead, Pidge. Homophobic bastards."

She sighed and took another sip of her coffee. "I can tell by the way your eyes are when you talk about him, that he's your zing." Pidge chuckled a bit.

I could feel my face go red. "There is no such thing."

"You won't realize it until after he has to marry someone else..."

"Pidge, nobody actually has a zing. They don't exist."

"That's because you don't believe it. If you two kiss, you'll realize just how powerful a zing can be... Or so I've heard."

I chuckled with a sigh. "Where did you hear all this?" I asked.

"Dad, and books and stuff..." I could see her eyes glistening with tears.

"Dad did always have the best stories..." I sighed.

She looked up at me and I ruffled her hair. "Don't cry, Pidge. You'll be fine."

"I just miss them so much..." she whimpered.

"I know..." I pulled her in for a hug and held her as she cried.