XIV

Lance's POV

"Bye Mum!" I called, shutting the large door behind me.

I had talked my mother into letting me be late for the ball, something about 'making a dramatic entrance, it being the last ball and all.'

It was 10 to 5 and Coran had agreed to drive Keith and I to the restaurant. It was the most exclusive and prestigious restaurant around.

I got into the back of the limousine and Coran began to drive into town.

"Thanks again, for doing this... Not only driving, but keeping the secret..." I spoke.

"No problem. I've known for some time now." He chuckled.

I nodded and sighed, sitting back in my seat as the car drove out of the castles gates.

/|\

I took a deep breath, feeling like I was holding my heart in my hand. I pushed open the door to the diner.

Pidge saw me and her eyes widened, she smiled. "It's good to see you." She chuckled.

"You too." I returned, ruffling her hair.

"I'm not 9..."

"Shut it, you're basically my younger sister. You dating my sister, being the younger sibling of my boyfriend, and my best friend." I smiled.

She only laughed and hit my hand as I went to ruffle her hair again.

Keith then came down stairs, he walked out of the kitchen and when he saw me his face lit up.

I smiled and he walked over to me and hugged me, burring his face in my chest. "Warm." He spoke.

I chuckled and pet his hair.

"Dawwww. You two make me want to hug a puppy and cry." Pidge fake gagged, and laughed.

"We're so gross. Run away, the gay might get you." I chuckled.

"Too late... You've heard 'My whole family thinks I'm gay.' Get ready for 'My whole family is gay.'" She laughed.

(A/N: I liked this comment so much, I couldn't not add it in. Thanks RazzleDazzleKeith )

Keith stepped away from me and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the restaurant. "See you later." I called back to Pidge.

"Don't wait up!" Keith called with a laugh before the door shut behind us and we were outside.

I opened the car door and he got in, I shut it before walking around to the other side and getting in myself.

We were both casually dressed if you don't count the winter clothes. I couldn't help but fiddle with the present in my pocket.

Something about the feeling of gold against my fingertips made me smile.

Something told me that Keith was going to love this gift.

/|\

We took a seat at our table, one at the back near the kitchen area. As we sat, we both draped our jackets over the back of the large chairs.

I noticed that Keith's hand was shaky. He held the menu in one and his other was one the table. I noticed how shaky he was, I figured it was anxiety.

I put my hand over his, over the table. His head shot up and he looked at me, a bit surprised before he smiled lightly.

The waiter walked over not even a moment later. "Good evening, Prince. What would you like to drink this evening?" They asked.

"Just water is fine." I smiled.