XIX

Lance's POV

"Don't worry, I packed our presents." Pidge smiled innocently up at Shiro. It's like she knew this would happen.

I had invited Shiro, Keith, and Pidge over for Christmas dinner, it being Christmas Eve and all... We ended up getting snowed in. The roads were too bad to drive, it was super icy, and slippery, the snow would probably reach Pidge's waist. It was one of the worst storms we've had.

We had just finished dinner and Matts mother told us about how bad it was outside and how no one should leave the castle.

Shiro and Matt were talking and Matt was blushing like a tomato. Shiro smiling, as he spoke. They were standing on one side of the large lounge, while Hunk, Pidge, and Lanny stood on the other side.

My Mother was upstairs with my younger sibling, wrapping presents and I was sitting on the couch, Keith sat beside me.

"You know... It's kinda like fate." Keith giggled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting up and leaving back into the couch, blinking before taking my eyes from the television and looking over at Keith.

"Well... I was hoping I'd get to stay here. So we could wake up Christmas morning together... It's either fate or Pidge and I don't doubt it wasn't Pidge." He gushed, looking over at Pidge for a moment before turning back to look at me. "I just really wanted to wake up with you, ya know?"

Realising what he had said, he blushed his face going a tinted red. I smiled.

"I know what you mean... A huge part of me wants to wake up next to you every morning." I smirked.

He blushed more and looked away from me as I chuckled lightly.

"You're such an idiot." He shook his head with a small smile.

"Still your idiot." I mumbled, crossing my arms.

"You know it." He smiled, turning back to look at me.

I found myself smiling widely as he leaned into me, his head on my shoulder. I unfolded my arms and wrapped one around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

I softly kissed the top of his head. I looked over at Pidge and Lanny who looked back at me, smiling and laughing.

/|\

"Can't I just sleep in Lance's room?" I heard Keith question.

At the moment, Pidge and Lanny were up in her room, Keith and Shiro were arguing about where they would all sleep, and Matt and Hunk were helping Matts mum bake.

"Because..."

"Because why? You're going to let Pidge sleep in the same room with Lanny. Do you just not trust me?"

"It's not you I don't trust-"

"Get used to him, because something tells me he's going to be around for awhile."

"Are you thinking of-"

"Marriage? Yes. I'm in love with him."

At this point I don't think they knew I was listening in on them, but hearing Keith say that made me want to squeal.

"O-oh..."