XI

Keith's POV

Pidge was still out with Lanny somewhere, but Lance had said he wanted to head back to the castle early.

"Shiro! I'm back!" I called, opening the door to the diner.

I looked around and when I didn't see him, I shrugged it off. Taking off my coat and hanging it up, taking off my mittens and hat and shoving them in the pockets of my large winter jacket.

I sighed, deciding I could go for a large cup of coffee right now. I chuckled to myself, this'll be my third cup today, not healthy.

I poured myself a cup of the hot liquid, adding some sugar and milk, before stirring it up. I took the warm cup into my hands and went and sat down at a table, not a moment later, Shiro walked in.

I looked over at him as he walked in the door, face red, as he took of his jacket and such. "Want a coffee?" I asked, standing up.

He nodded and I went over and made him a cup, cream and sugar. I brought it over to the table I had been sitting at and set it down as he sat down across from my spot. I sat back down before taking a sip of the warm coffee.

"Where were you?" He asked.

"Lance and I went on a date..." I smiled, scratching the back of my head.

"Keith-"

"I know where this is going... Please don't."

"All I was going to say is I'm happy for you... I'm just a little over protective." He sighed, drinking his coffee.

"Shiro, I get it, but once you get to know him-"

"Keith. Promise me something?"

"What?"

"Promise me you'll listen and think about what I'm about to say to you." He spoke, sitting up straight and folding his hand on the table.

I nodded, sipping my coffee again.

"Lance, is and always has been, a lady's boy. Don't get me wrong, he obviously loves you, but he's the biggest people pleaser there is. He will do what his parents say. He has a future to worry about, I know this must hurt... It might be better if you, don't put yourself in the way of that. He has a land to be in charge of, a kingdom to rule, a family to be a part of... All I'm saying is, stay away from him for a bit, see how he acts when your not around." He spoke.

I sighed and stood up from my seat, empty mug in hand. Maybe Shiro was right... Lance has a future to worry about. He had plans before I came along. Maybe it would be best if I just stayed out of his way...

Lance's POV

"You wanted to see me, father?" I croaked, opening the door to the library, which was also my fathers 'office'.

"Yes, Lance. Please, come in and sit." He spoke, gesturing to a chair across from his desk at which he sat.

I sighed and closed the door, doing as he asked and sitting down.

"Lance. I'd like to talk to you about your future. As the only other heir being Lanny, if some thing were to happen to you... I believe it is in your duty as a member of this family to make me proud... I know I haven't been the best father, but being a king is hard work and I believe it is something you will be capable of doing."