XVI

Keith's POV

I groaned as I tried to get comfortable on the lumpy hospital bed.

"Do you want another pillow?" Lance asked.

"No, Lance..." I sighed.

I had been in the hospital for three days and I just wanted to leave. Lance rarely left my side, which Shiro hated. It was obvious he didn't like Lance, and although I didn't know why, I did know that he would have to get used to him being around.

The leg was in a cast that sat in an elevated sling, most of my chest was wrapped in gauze wrap, so was my neck.

"Do you want anything to eat? I'm kinda hungry and I was gonna go down to the café." Lance spoke as he stood up from the plastic chair that he sat in for hours everyday.

I shook my head and tried to sit up, but the pain in my leg stopped me from moving anymore. Within seconds, Lance was beside me, helping me sit up right.

I sighed, "I'm not a baby..."

"You're my baby..." Lance chuckled as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

I pushed him away and he put his hands up in defence. I couldn't help but smile, he's such a dork.

"Sure you don't want a soda or somethin'?" He asked, as he went to open the door.

"Get me a coke." I smiled.

He nodded and with that he was out the door and off through the hospital.

The white room went silent, all that was heard was the beeping of the hospital equipment, and my steady breaths. I relaxed into the silence.

Within seconds it was gone though, as Pidge and Hunk came running into the room, Shiro and Matt behind them.

"Where's Lance?" Hunk asked.

"He went downstairs for food. He should be back any minute though..." I explained.

The small room was barley big enough for all of us. On the left side of the room there was a few chairs and a window and on the right was the door to the washroom.

Since the bed took up the majority of the room, everyone usually sat around it.

Matt and Shiro stood near the door and chatted, as Pidge and Hunk pulled up chairs and sat next to me.

"How's your leggo?" Pidge asked,sitting back in her chair.

"Well, it hurts like hell and they haven't given pain killers for it." I grumbled.

She sighed and the three of us sat in silence until Hunk spoke. "Where's Lance? He like doesn't leave your side."

"He went to go get food, he should be back any-" before I could finish my sentence, the door opened and in walked Lance. "Minute." I whispered the last word.

Lance walked over to the bed, completely disregarding the fact the Shiro and Matt were even here.

He handed me my pop and I took it with a smile. He returned the smile and pulled up a chair, beside Hunk.

"Do you know when you get out?" Pidge asked, turning her attention back to me.

I shook my head in response.