Tower Initiation

Hermione

Felicity and I joined the line of people that had formed beneath the archway. The hallway seemed to go on forever, but Felicity and I were still out in the dining area. We stood behind the same people we had sat with during dinner. The line inched forward ever so slowly. All of the Head Cases' windows were covered so none of us could see inside.

Felicity and I stood side by side. My hands turned in a nervous knot as Felicity bounced anxiously on the balls of her feet. One of the three guys in front of us turned; it was the one with the dark hair and eyes.

"You are Hermione Granger, are you not?" He asked in a deep, Russian accent. The big blonde one turned, flashing a small smile our way, and the third with gray eyes pushed his hands into his pockets.

"Erm, yes.... Yes I am." I said. I stretched out a hand at the invitation of the first. "Pleasure to meet you...?"

"Malcom," the Russian answered. "This is Fredrick," he said, pointing to the tall blonde. "And this is Elliott."

"Pleasure to meet you two as well."

Fredrick stepped up to Felicity. "You are  Felicity Willim," he said excitedly, in a French accent. "You are famouz Shakespearian actress, oui?"

Felicity nodded. "Yes! I didn't think I was that popular!"

Fredrick laughed. "You may not be... I only saw you once een your performance of Roméo et Juliet. Eet was fantastique! I will never forget eet."

Felicity's cheeks went pink and she giggled. "Oh, thank you!"

The third, Elliott stretched out a calm and steady hand to both of us. He leaned down elegantly to press his lips gently to our hands. "It is a pleasure to meet the two of you beautiful women," he said in a deep African accent. "You Both seem to be incredibly bright witches. Many in my country dream to achieve such lives as the two of you lead. It is an honor."

I smiled, charmed the least descriptive word when recalling my feelings- it was much too subtle an adjective. The Asian girl with the green hair turned to introduce herself as well.

"Mia," she said, sticking out her hand for all to shake. The five of us did. Mia had an English accent, similar to Ronald's.

"Erm, pardon my asking," I said after momentarily gripping her hand. "But what school did you go to?"

Mia beamed at me. "Same as you," she pointed a finger in my direction. "Hogwarts. Slytherin, like my hair," she indicated to her neon green locks. "Many speculate that I went to Shang's Magic Hall because of my ethnicity, but I was born here in England."

Malcom spoke next. "I vent to Durmstag. I vas several years behind Viktor Krum, actually."

Felicity turned to Fredrick. "I assume you went to Beauxbaton's?" She asked, positively beaming.

Fredrick winked at her. "Oui, mademoiselle."

I looked to Elliott. "And you went to...?"

"Hogwarts, actually, Miss. I enrolled several years late. I was thirteen in my first year, which is why I still have my accent."

"Which country are you from?"

Elliott flashed a sparkling white smile my way. "Mauritius." He replied.

"Ooh!" Felicity began to bounce on the balls of her feet. "That's one of the most peaceful countries in Africa, right?"

Elliott laughed. "Yes, it is!"