A Ladies' Luncheon Featuring Elliott

Hermione

On the Tuesday I was to have my first tutoring session with Malfoy, I met up with Felicity, Gazelle, and Mia for lunch in the Dining Sector. As we scraped away the remenants of our various meals, Mia looked up at me and began to speak.

"So, Hermione, Felecity tells me you've landed a job tutoring your Head, Draco Malfoy?"

Gazelle snorted, and though I couldn't see her eyes at the moment, I could feel the eye roll from across the table. "Yes, a rather daunting task, if you ask me. Although, for the money, it may be worth it." She looked up from her salad and pointed her fork at me. "Make sure you wear as much clothing as possible!"

I chuckled and shook my head, spearing a peice of steak and dragging it through a thin and heavenly brown gravy. "He's not getting anything of that sort and he knows it."

"Are you sure?" Felicity asked from my left.

I bobbed my head as I chewed. "Oh yeah. I told him so at the end of my 'interview'- if you could even call it that."

"What will you be reviewing today?" Mia asked.

"Erm..." I glanced off in thought for a second, trying to remember which plan I had set out for today. "Ministry Studies, I think."

Felicity looked up and took over. "Yeah, Ministry Studies. Because you wanted to go over the different job positions and the various levels of pay."

"I wish I had such an attentive roommate," Gazelle chuckled. "The only roommate I've got is my fly trap, Gretchen!" The entire table burst into giggles, and my hand shot to my mouth to allow laughter while still chewing around my steak.

Mia looked up as she caught her breath. "I wish! I have to share my space with an actual human. Her name is Tabitha, and she's super quiet. At first, I thought that would be a good thing, you know, more time for studying, less time for talk, right? Until I found she's one of the biggest whores in the Tower! That girl hardly ever sleeps in our room, and when she does, she's riddled in love marks from the previous afternoon!"

Gazelle made a face around her lettuce and Felicity muttered an "ergh, gross" as I groaned.

"Have you told Marianna?" Gazelle asked Mia. "She and I went to school in the same year, she's very sweet. I'm sure she would understand and pair you with another roommate."

Mia shook her head. "No, it's really not worth it. Most of the people in this school are like that. At least she has the decency not to talk about it or bring them into our room. I've heard horror stories from some of the other Intellectuals."

My eyebrows raised and descended over an eye roll. "Elliott and Malcom will have their beds full, I'm sure."

"Mmmmm," I looked over at Mia whose face was scrunched up in a way that normally meant she knew otherwise. "No, I don't think so. Those two are very erm... preoccupied with someone."

My eyebrows shot up again. "Oh, fun! Who?"

Gazelle snickered behind her hand and Mia's eyebrow floated upward. Both reactions were kinder than Felicity's, who slammed her elbow in the table and turned to look at me, resting her cheek on her fist.

"You're so thick," she muttered to me. I dropped my fork onto my plate to give her a look. Mia answered my question after several seconds.

"They're both crazy for you, Hermione."

Once again, my fork clattered to my plate, but this time, not for effect. "What?"

"Were you lying to me when you said you were the top of your class?"