Gazelle in the Gardens

Author's Note: Thank you all who voted!! Not only did we reach our goal of fifteen voters we DOUBLED it!! 

Hermione

Felicity and I had been given room 475. We walked up the stairs and through the door to door four hundred. In my head I recited the number seventy-five over and over in my head until the door chimed before me. Felicity reached forward and opened the room. It was perfect- exactly like the picture of Soothing Forest.

We looked at each other, then both dashed to the bathroom, peeking inside to see Model #1- Oak and Tile

We looked at each other, then both dashed to the bathroom, peeking inside to see Model #1- Oak and Tile.  Above our beds were black  plaques that read Felicity and Hermione  in white, swirly script. At the foot of each of our beds were our trunks. I leaned over to open mine and found my cotton pajamas. Two feet of assorted clothing lay neatly folded beneath it. I sighed and brushed a strand of hair from my face. More chores for later.

After telling Felicity, I went into the bathroom and changed

After telling Felicity, I went into the bathroom and changed. While pulling my gray sweatshirt over my head, I decided on organizing the next day. I was much too mentally shot to deal with my OCD that night. The semester started on Monday of next week. It was a Thursday, so I had time to draw up my schedule. After brushing my teeth, I stepped out of the bathroom, grabbing my brush and gently brushing through my hair. Felicity stepped into the bathroom and shut the door.

"Felicity?" I called.

"Yep?"

"I think I'll go to bed. I'm so tired, I'm seeing double."

"That sounds like a good idea. I think I'll hit the hay too." She opened the door  and ran to her bed, jumping and flopping onto it like a small rag doll. Pillows were flung off of the mattress as the blankets curled around her like a hand. We both laughed before she turned over, placing her wand on her bedside table next to her lamp. I threw my decorative pillows from the bed and peeled back the bed cover. The sheets were beautiful, but they would take a lot of upkeep. Thankfully, Superior Status took care of dry cleaning, laundry, and house keeping.

I lay on my back, my hands tucked behind my head. Maybe having Malfoy as Head wouldn't be so bad. It was appalling, but the instant upgrade was pretty nice. I gazed around my room, loving every bit of it. The floor was a plush black rug  that met crown molding. The crown molding sat beneath a white wall with a vintage black ceiling. To the wall opposite the two of us were two roll top desks with comfortable looking chairs. To my right was the bathroom's white door and to Felicity's left was a small sitting area, complete with a few chairs, some empty bookshelves, a fireplace, and two glass double doors that lead to a white balcony that overlooked the palace grounds. In between my bed and the bathroom was a tall glass window with a small window seat much like the one in the Forum. Old fashioned black velvet drapes lay on the sides of the stormy window, ready to be shut when the sun was too bright or when the air was too cold. A window latch held the push-out windows in place. I assumed it was enchanted since no water came through when the window rattled after a particularly violent gust of wind.