Hurricane Leona

Hermione

Our waitress was a middle aged woman of caramel skin and straight black hair with a single streak of gray that twisted around her ponytail. Her smile held the warmth of a sunny day and the collectiveness of a set of flashcards- a strange comparison, but an accurate one.

"Welcome to the Green Spot Tea House. My name is Astrid, I will be serving you this afternoon. Should you need anything in between visits, please just lift this frame," she gestured to a small picture frame that was currently laying face down on the table. "And I will know to be with you shortly. Can I start you two off with beverage?"

Elliott and I both placed orders for waters and picked up the small menus specifically for tea time. The sandwiches did sound amazing.

The door opened and closed, letting in a draft of cold air and a wash of silver light. I glanced up at Elliott from my menu only to glance down again quickly. He had glanced up at the same time. I chuckled to myself as my cheeks began to burn again, followed by my ears after I felt Elliott's hand cover mine on the table surface. My heart began to flutter.

"Granger! Fancy meeting you here."

My heart sank. No more fluttering.

There he was. Standing before me, sneering down in a green dress shirt and holding Leona's hand. Leona herself was squeezed into a tight little sweater dress the shade of the clouds above the glass ceiling and neutral toned stiletto heels. My entire body began to ache just looking at the uncomfortable outfit. I found myself wondering if the poor girl owned a pair of sweatpants. I doubted it, as the "sloppy" bun atop her head had been visibly teased to perfection, and was accompanied by dark red lips that would have taken me hours to get right.

Elliott gazed up, a friendly smile on his face.

"I did tell you I would be on a date." I replied. "In the Dining Sector."

He shrugged, his eyes flitting to the ceiling for a second. "Yes, but not a tea time."

Elliott laughed. "Well, a classy dinner on the first date might be a bit extreme. I did not want to scare her off." He winked at me, reviving my thumping heart, and extended a hand to Malfoy. "Elliott Yeboah. Pleased to meet you."

"Draco," Malfoy took his hand and shook it. Leona raised an eyebrow.

"The Reflection Tower Head?"

"Correct. Hermione and I-" I kept myself from cringing at the use of my first name. I was sure he had used it before, but in public, it was a bit much. Especially in front of Elliott. "-went to school together at Hogwarts." Leona's eyes suddenly latched on to mine. "She's been tutoring me for the past week." Draco glanced to me. "She's been a great help."

Instantly, I regretted my hidden disgust at the use of my first name. I hadn't expected him to be civil, but when I thought about it, he really had no reason not to be. Perhaps he truly hadn't fathomed we'd be here. There was a possibility that this was just a happy coincidence.

Regardless, Leona did not seem pleased.

The other two found a table nearby. I looked to Elliott and squeezed his fingers. Presently, I was counting my blessings one by one. My mind wandered back to the first day of classes when the Heads had been revealed. Elliott's distaste for Malfoy had been blatant, and yet he put on a smile and shook his hand. And he was currently on a date, with me of all people.

Astrid returned to take out orders before moving on to welcome Malfoy and Leona, who would send me cold glances every other moment. I didn't feel that she was attempting subtlety. Elliott had heard correctly about the sandwiches- they were delightful. After we were finished, we stood to leave. Malfoy stopped us.