eddie

"no, this is no good." you sighed as you looked around the drugstore, trying to find your friend the perfect birthday card. you took a random card and walked to the counter to pay for it.

as you turned at the corner, you saw a small boy getting his cast signed by greta. you quickly recognized the boy, eddie kaspbrak.

eddie was in your english class. he was pretty shy and barely talked during class unless the teacher called on him. if the teacher did call on him, he'd immediately take a puff from his inhaler before answering the question. most kids laughed at him because of it, but you didn't see why, he was just a sweet kid with asthma.

once greta finished signing eddie's cast, you walked up to the counter and quickly paid for the card. eddie started to walk away with a slight frown as he looked down at what greta had written.

"wow, greta, it's the summer. can't you give the poor guy a break?" you ask before stealing a red sharpie and sprinting towards eddie. you lightly tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around slowly. the slight frown he had moments earlier quickly disappeared, a slight blush taking its place.

"oh, hi, y/n." eddie said before looking down. you smiled at the slightly shorter boy before looking down at what greta had written on his cast and frowning.

"hey, eddie. how has your summer been so far?" you asked him before smiling again.

you weren't just trying to make him feel better, but you were genuinely interested in what he does for fun. you and eddie never really talked during the school year, seeing as he had a tight group and got nervous around most girls, but you had always wanted to talk to the introverted boy.

"oh, i haven't done much that's interesting. how has yours been?" eddie asked shyly as his ears began to turn red.

you knew that almost no girl had ever talked to him except for beverly marsh. she was a sweet girl who just had family issues and was misunderstood. the rumors ruined her, but you knew that they weren't true.

"yeah, me too. let me tell you a secret, i've spent almost my entire summer at the arcade." you giggled. this caused eddie to smile and his cheeks to turn a fiery red.

he thought your giggle was absolutely adorable, as was the rest of your personality. he had always wanted to talk to you, but had been too nervous to.

"well, the summer's not over yet, you still have time to go out and explore." he said with a small smile. you smiled back and nodded your head.

"hey, if you didn't do anything interesting this summer, how'd you get the cast?" you asked. eddie tried to think up an excuse.

"uhm, i fell. yeah, lots of stairs." he said, using his arms to show how tall the stairs were. it was obvious to you that he was lying, so you just giggled again. eddie was happy that he was talking to the girl he has been fawning over for almost an entire year.

"was that greta?" you asked, motioning towards the word, "LOSER," that greta signed in all caps. eddie frowned slightly and looked back up at you.

"yeah, but it's nothing, i don't really mind it." he lied. you frowned slightly before gently grabbing his cast.

"do you mind?" you asked. he shook his head as you bit the cap off the red sharpie, holding it between your teeth. you quickly wrote the letter "V" over the "S" to make it "LOVER" instead. "all finished."

eddie looked down and smiled, blushing furiously. you smiled at eddie and looked back down at his cast.

"thank you." eddie looked up at you. you turned your attention back to eddie.

"anytime, eddie. we should hang out before summer's over." you smiled. eddie's eyes widened slightly as he nodded his head. you giggled and slowly started walking towards the door. "well, you know where to find me."

"yeah, i'll see you later!" eddie sighed as he saw you walking out the door. you turned around and smiled once more.

"i hope to see you soon, kaspbrak."
..............................................
if you want to request, check out the first chapter of this book.