bill

requested by @taigachann
17. "stay the night. please."
❦......................❦......................❦
your best friend, bill, had been sick for quite some time now. you thought you should keep bill some company since he always checked up on you when you were sick. in your eyes, bill was just being a sweet friend, but bill was really trying to show how much he cared for you.

"hey, mom! i'm going to the denbrough's to check up on bill!" you yelled, your voice echoing throughout the house. no one responded, meaning both your parents were working extra shifts.

you sighed and wrote a note for your parents for when they got home.

dear mom and dad,
i have gone to the denbrough's to check up on bill and see if he is getting better. the denbrough's will make sure i'm safe, do not worry about me! i love you!
- y/n

you neatly folded the note and left it on the kitchen table before running out outside with your raincoat on. the denbrough's lived right across from you, so that's why you and bill were best friends.

you knocked on the door expecting mr. or mrs. denbrough to answer, but instead was greeted by little georgie. he smiled and hugged you, not caring that you were wet from the rain.

"y/n! come on, billy's making me a boat!" georgie exclaimed before taking your hand and pulling you inside. you chuckled and hung up your raincoat where you usually put it. you quickly waved at mrs. denbrough who was playing the piano and she gave you a small smile back.

the denbrough's considered you to be family. mr. and mrs. denbrough knew your parents were always working late, so you were often invited to stay with them so you wouldn't have to be alone at night. they treated you like the daughter they never had. georgie liked to think of you as his sister. you would always be kind and play with him when bill wouldn't. bill didn't know exactly what you were to him, but he didn't see you as a sister.

georgie took something off the kitchen counter before running upstairs, almost tripping in the process. you giggled slightly as you made your way up to bill's room. georgie ran into his brothers bedroom, but you waited by the door, not wanting to disturb the cute brother moment the two were having. bill looked at you and blushed furiously before turning away and handing georgie the boat.

"here, georgie. do you want me to come with you?" you asked sweetly, crouching down so you were closer to eye level with the small boy. he shook his head and looked back at his older brother.

"no, you can stay with billy. i think he needs the company. i mean, he is sick." georgie explained with a small smile. "i'm a big boy!"

you giggled as you ruffled his hair. "i know you are, georgie. just stay safe, okay?" the young boy nodded his head as he scurried off downstairs. you smiled at your sick best friend and slowly made your way over to him. bill avoided eye contact, embarrassed by the fact he was wearing his pajamas and looked like a mess.

"huh-hey, y/n." bill said, looking out the window and waving to his younger brother. you put a hand on his shoulder and waved to georgie with a smile before turning your head to face him.

"hey, bill. how are you feeling?" you asked. bill coughed and sat on his bed before getting under the covers. you sighed and sat down close to where his feet were. "i hope you get well soon, bill."

"wuh-wait, y/n. can yuh-you lay with me until i fuh-fall asleep?" bill asked shyly.

you smiled and nodded your head, laying on top of the covers next to bill. you didn't know whether to face him or away, so you ended up looking at him, hoping that would somehow help him fall asleep. before you could even think about it for one more second, bill was already sound asleep. you giggled lightly as you played with his hair. you didn't know why you did it, but it just happened.

about ten or fifteen minutes later, georgie came back from playing out in the rain, and bill was lightly snoring. you smiled as you slowly got up, trying not to wake up bill.

"stay the night. please." you heard bill mumbled, extending his arm, hoping you would take his hand and come back. you smiled and slowly returned back to how you two were while bill fell asleep. that night, everything was okay.