World's Fair

I was excited, dad never exactly let me go out because of my powers and HYDRA possibly on our tail, but now in New York I was going to be able to go to the world's fair! I just needed someone to go with. I was sitting in a Diner when I saw him. I was wearing one of my favorite dresses with red polka dots and I drank a soda. He walked in wearing a pristine military uniform and sat down right next to me.

"Hello." I said with a shy smile.

"Hey there what's a pretty girl like you doing here?" He asked. "The name's James Barnes but friends call me Bucky and you are?" 

"Elizabeth Anne Erskine but my friends and my dad call me Ellie."

"Well Ellie how would you like after some friendly conversation to go with me on a double date with my best friend tonight?" 

"Oh I can't it's my last night in town and I really wanted to go to the World's Fair, unless that's where you're going of course." I smiled shyly I've never actually talked to a lot of boys the only one really was Howard Stark and his assisstants at the SSR.

"That sounds great so tell me more about you." He said and I talked about a lot of stuff but Bucky was really interesting as well, he was going into the 107th and leaving for England tomorrow and he told me about Steve who just wanted to live up to his dad's name and fight for what he believed in. 

"So I'll meet the both of you at the fair tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah this was fun I'll see you tonight." He replied and I gave him a quick peck on the cheek. 

"Yeah, thanks Bucky I'll see you tonight." I smiled and paying my money for the soda I walked out of the diner. "Keep the change Louie!" I shouted and the bell in the kitchen dinged twice. I was a regular but until the war was over this was the last time I'd be there for a long time. I went back to our apartment and changed into my prettiest dress  (picture)  and saw Dad before I caught a cab to the fair.

"You will be careful alright?" He asked.

"Of course Daddy, I'll see you later and then tomorrow we go to the camp." I replied and walked outside relishing in the city light. I caught a cab and entered the fair.It was beautiful and amazing. As soon as I walked in I saw Bucky and who must've been his friend Steve. "Bucky!" I shouted and I ran towards them. He hugged me and Steve just stood there awkwardly.

"Steve this is Ellie, I met her this morning so I thought how about I take this pretty lady on a date? It's my last night in town." He said and Steve laughed.

"You said yes to this guy?" He joked and I smiled.

"Why not? I'm leaving tomorrow as well." I replied. "It's a pleasure to meet you Steve let's go guys!" I said and as another girl joined us we walked towards Howard's exhibit.  "It's starting! Come on!" I said and I pulled them inside the exhibit. Howard's technology was amazing. And I like the way Bucky was awestruck about it. We walked out and I saw him and Steve near my father's recruitment station. I knew immediately that he would sign Steve into the testing for the super Soldier but I couldn't let them know I was listening. "Are we going dancing Sarge?" I asked to get Bucky away from him.

"Yes we are." He said saying one last thing to Steve and hugging him. He walked towards me and wrapped my arm around me. "Where'd Julie go?" He asked.

"She figured Steve wasn't coming so she caught another man and went off." I replied and we walked off to go dancing. 

"I'm not the best dancer but I can try." Bucky said and I smiled.

"Let me tell you a secret neither am I." I replied and he smiled at me we went dancing and I swear I could've danced all night. My feet were aching by the time the night was over. "Write me every day." I said handing him an address. "Don't lose this promise?" I asked and he nodded.

"I will, goodbye fair Ellie." He replied and kissed me gantly yet passionately before he dropped me off at my house. 

"Goodbye and goodnight Bucky. Good Luck." I said and walked inside taking off my shoes tomorrow we'd be going to New Jersey for training. I lay down in my bed and thought about Bucky. My life really wouldn't be the same.