eddie

I walked towards my friends waiting patiently for me by the end of the road. I stuffed my inhaler in my fanny pack and let out a deep sigh. We were going to the barrens and I was not happy about it. Bill was getting out of control about this whole Georgie thing, but he was one of my best friends' so I felt obligated to go. 

When I met up with them, I saw Richie's sister Y/N standing there too swaying back and forth. My heart started to beat faster as I stumbled over to them with my bike.

"It's about time numbskull!" Richie shouted.

"Hi Eddie!" Y/N said excitedly as the wind blew her hair behind her shoulder.

"H-hi Y/N, I like your dress today!" I stuttered nervously gulping hard. 

Richie rolled his eyes and Ben and Stan snickered at me. I glared at them as Y/N got on the back of Richie's bike as we headed towards the barrens. God damn it, why did she have to come! She always made me so nervous, I've had a crush on her since elementary school.

We dropped our bikes off by the bike trail and started to walk down towards the river. I sighed and got my inhaler out fumbling around with it. I dropped it in the dirt and scoffed.

"Shit" I mumbled.

I bent down but a hand was already on it. I looked up at Y/N rubbing it off with a cloth that she pulled out of her pocket smiling down at me.

"Here you go Eddie" she said sweetly handing it to me.

"Th-Thank you" I stuttered again.

"Man and I thought Bill's stutter was bad" Richie mocked me.

I smacked his arm and he groaned in pain as Y/N giggled heading back down towards the barrens. Bill pulled out a flashlight and Richie and him headed inside. Y/N followed behind closely nervously hanging onto Bill's arm. I felt jealously rise up in me.

"Aren't you guys coming?" Bill asked.

"No way!" Stan said crossing his arms over his chest.

Y/N looked at me and smiled lightly.

"What about you Eddie?" Richie asked glaring at me.

"I-I'll go!" I said trying to be brave as I shuffled over to Y/N and Bill.

"Can I hold your hand Eddie, I'm scared" Richie mocked me pinching my cheek.

"Shut up you asshole!" I shouted making the whole tunnel echo.

Y/N yelped when she heard a rat run past her feet. She jumped back towards me grabbing onto my shirt hiding her face. I felt my body warm and I gulped hard pulling out my inhaler and taking a couple of big whiffs of it.

"Come on Billy, let's go back I'm scared" Y/N said shivering.

"Yeah, let's go Bill, I don't wanna be here anymore" Richie said.

Bill sighed in defeat as we all walked back towards Stan and Ben who were waiting nervously for us to return.

"So the dance is coming up" Ben said trying to make small talk in the awkward and nerve racking moment.

"A-Are you going with a-anyone Y/N" Bill stuttered to her.

I looked over and she blushed.

"No, I didn't get asked" she sighed holding her hands behind her back.

I felt my heart pound with happiness.

"Well you don't need a boy to take you Y/N!" Richie protested protecting his sister.

"I'll t-take you Y-Y/N!" I said suddenly as everyone turned to look at me.

"What?" she asked blushing.

"I'll take you to the dance" I mumbled to her looking at my feet biting my lip.

"Like hell you will!-" Richie said stepping up to me.

"I'd love to go with you Eddie" she replied smiling at me.

"I'll kick your ass I swear to god!" Richie said angered.

We all chuckled and Y/N smiled at me kissing my cheek lightly as I felt my knees cave in. She giggled at me shaking her head.

"You're too cute Eddie" she said sweetly to me.

I huffed my inhaler and felt my forehead.

"Oh god, I think I'm getting a fever~" I said dramatically.