eddie

"Are we seriously going to the school dance?" Richie groaned in annoyance.

"All of our moms are forcing us, but none of us have dates so we're gonna look like losers" Mike huffed leaning agains Bill's garage.

"Hey guys!" I heard someone shout from behind us.

I turned around and gulped hard seeing Y/N walking up to us. I felt my heart pound and everything in between.

"Hey Y/N, you going to the dance too?" Bill asked causally.

"Oh I don't know maybe. I was hoping to find a date but I don't think that's gonna happen" she chuckled blushing madly.

"A date huh? I might have something in mind!" Richie cocked his eyebrows looking over to me. "Someone's who's madly in love with you!"

"Someone's in love with me?" She chuckled.

"Oh yeah! He's all like 'Oh Y/N! You're so beautiful! We're gonna get married some day!" Richie teased hanging off Y/N shoulder.

I grind my teeth back and forth as my face turned bright red.

"Richie shut up" Stan scoffed.

"Come on guys we gotta go get ready for the dance now" Ben sighed as we all scattered back to our houses.

I was walking with Y/N back to hers and took a couple huffs of my inhaler.

"So..." she said.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"You excited for the dance?"

"Oh um- yeah sure" I replied nervously.

She nodded and played with her hands.

"I'll see you later" she waved at me walking towards her house.

"W-Wait Y/N" I stuttered.

"Yeah?" She turned towards me with a smile.

Her beautiful hair pushed back towards the wind as her face lightened up.

"Will you save me a slow dance there?" I asked scared.

She paused and looked at me happily.

"Of course" she replied.

---

"Oh you look so handsome! But you be careful Eddie do you understand me. Don't forget to take your meds too!" My mom shouted from the door.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Okay mom! I'll see you later!" I said catching up with my friends who were waiting for me laughing.

"Shut up!" I growled at all of them.

We all headed towards the school and the front doors were open to us as we walked in and the music was blasting loudly in our ears. I looked over towards the punch table and there she was, the most beautiful girl in Derry. I sighed and felt my whole body tingle.

"Y/N!" I shouted waving to her.

She looked over and smiled at me lightly walking over to all of us.

"Wow y/n you look so hot-" Richie chuckled as I smacked his shoulder.

A slow song started to play and we all scattered trying to get away from the horny middle schoolers getting ready to dance around. I looked at Y/N as she played with the bottom of her dress.

"You wanna dance?" I asked rubbing my hands together.

She nodded and blushed walking with me to the middle of the dance floor.  We swayed back and forth as I placed my hands on her waist and hers on my shoulders. We tried to avoid eye contact with each other but it was so hard not to keep mine off of hers. She was so pretty and I really was in love with her.

"I love you!" I said.

"W-What?" She stuttered stepping back.

"everything richie said, it was me. I'm sorry..." I sighed looking down at my feet.

She blushed and pulled me into a kiss. I melted into the kiss pulling her in tighter as my friends shouted and hollered for me from across the room. I let go and she smiled at me brightly.

"I love you too Eddie Spaghetti" she giggled.