2. The Very First Day

I had already informed William that my flight has landed and that I was on my way. Pulling the luggage with me, I went ahead and pushed the door. I looked inside and spotted William standing beside the reception table, looking down in the mobile. At the same time, he looked up and saw me, a grin forming on his face. Putting the phone back in the jeans pocket, he came towards me.

"G'day, how's your flight?" He asked in an Australian accent and gave a side hug.

"Hi, it was good but I'm having a jet lag now." I said while returning hug.

"I can understand." He chuckled and looked at the luggage. "May I?"

"Yeah, please. Thanks," I smiled gratefully. He took the heavy luggage and I took the remaining.

"We have to go by the stairs, mind you. There's no elevator." He warned. But thank God, the apartment was on the second floor.

"Yeah, I can manage I think."
We started ascending the stairs.

"So, when are you gonna join La Mélange?" He asked. I had no idea how he was carrying this much heavy luggage.

"I still have four days in my hand. But I'm really excited to join it." I smiled in excitement.

"Great! So we can roam around Paris." We were now in front of our apartment. He put the bags and opened the door.

As I stepped inside the apartment, I dropped the bags in an awe. It was amazing. The living room was large with a cream coloured sofa and a coffee table, a flat screen TV was in front of it. After going through the living room, ahead on the right side was kitchen with three bar stools. In front of the living room was a balcony outside where there were two comfortable chairs and a small coffee table was. On the left side, that is in front of the kitchen, a passage was leading to our bedrooms. My bedroom was beautiful. It has limited basic furniture like bed, bedside cabinet, closet, vanity table and an attached bathroom. We put my bags on the floor and went outside in the living room.

"So, how's it?" He looked around and then me, expectantly.

"It's awesome! How did you find it?" I was really impressed. The apartment was looking more impressive right now than from the Skype.

"I have my own ways." He shrugged and went to the door side counter top. There was a small glass bowl. He took two keys from it and came back.

"These are your keys. This one is of your bedroom and this is the house key." He handed them to me and continued, "Keep the keys there after using them and when I'd be not be here, and you would have to go somewhere, giving any important message or something, the stick notes are right beside the bowl. You can right it on it and stick it on the fridge." He explained. I was quite impressed with all of this.

"Aye, Aye, Captain." I gave him a mock salute. He just shook his head in amusement.

"Anyway, I have to go for work, now. It's almost ten thirty. I was trying for a day off but didn't get. Sorry, I won't be able to be with you on your first day of Paris. But, I think you should take rest. Jet lag, remember?" He apologized.

"Yeah, it's okay. Work comes first. And I really need a good sleep." I waved off.

"I'll come by five. Then we can go site seeing near the apartment. Of course if your beauty sleep would be over." He suggested, smirking at the last part.

I rolled my eyes on the last sentence but nodded. "Sure, sounds like a plan."

"Great! Then, catch ya later?" He smiled.