8. Moaning Myrtle

"Char," Will shouted from the living room.

  "Coming. Just 2 minutes." I shouted back while putting the high heeled knee length black boots. I took a last look at my appearance, looking at the mirror. I was wearing a golden sequin dress with black pleated thigh length skirt and was paired it up with golden black charm bracelet, a gold plated cocktail ring with a black stone and a pair of gold plated hoop earrings. To complete the look, I took a black evening clutch. Perfect.

  We were going at his friends' party at the Duplex Club. I was still not sure if I should go or not. Yeah, he had told me that they were really friendly people and that I would enjoy it a lot, and I love meeting new people and all but his friend hasn't even invited me.

  I walked in the living room. Will was sitting on the couch, typing something on his phone. He was wearing a navy blue casual blazer over a white T-shirt and dark blue jeans with a wristwatch and smart pair of shoes. He looked up, hearing the clicks of my high heeled boots. And looking at his face, I could see the appreciation about my appearance. He took a double take, as if not expecting my appearance and stared for a few seconds. His mouth was slightly opened. I felt my cheeks warm and bite my lip to control my smile. I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he looked like he has woken up from a dream.

  "Wow!" He almost whispered. I smiled and thanked him.

  "Should we go?" I asked, diverting both of our attention.

  "Umm.. yeah. We are taking Uber." He replied, getting up and picking his shades from the coffee table. And we we're off for clubbing.

  The club was really good. The music, the atmosphere was screaming uniqueness. Will introduced his friends. The party host Adam, a blonde guy named Alexandre, a brown haired man Ethan, a blond girl Stéphanie and a redhead Clara. They all were very friendly. Adam was a very nice man, calm and a little quiet but still not boring. Alexandre was a masculine and a little bit shy kind of a person. Ethan was a funny, easygoing, full of life person. Clara was an adventurous lover who was a bookworm too, we got along quickly. But Stéphanie was difficult. She was beautiful but conceited. She has that self importance attitude and grandiosity. I even heard Will asking Adam why she was there, in a low voice.

  "Je n'aivais pas eu le choix. Elle m'a entendu en parler avec Ethan." Adam said frowning. Poor guy, he hadn't had any choice. She overheard him. After that, we almost basically ignore her. But me, being so observant, instantly picked up the obvious behavior of her towards Will. She was trying to seduce him so much in front of us that she didn't even recognize that Will wanted nothing but rid of her. Whatever she would say, he he would give her some snarky, sarcastic remark. When Will and I was talking about something, when we were spending time together, laughing and enjoying, I saw many times how Stéphanie got jealous, narrowing her eyes on me.

  We ate our food while chatting and laughing. Will was right when he said his friends are awesome and that I would enjoy a lot. It was then when I started getting dizzy. I tried to compose myself but couldn't. So I excused myself and went in the washroom. While walking, I thought I was slightly out of balance. I splashed some water on my face but still could feel the dizziness growing. I went out to our table with much difficulty as I was constantly loosing my balance and had to try and not lose it.

  "Will," I tapped his shoulder. He turned to look at me with questioning eyes. "I-I'm not feeling well.. I think I should go home." I thought I slurred. I furrowed my brows.

  Concern was immediately on his face. "What? What happened? You alright?" He stood up.

  "Don't worry.. I'll manage I think.. You guys enjoy." Why I was slurring?