3. A little Insight

The next day was Sunday. When I woke up I instantly smelled the hypnotizing aroma of coffee. I made me refresh in some seconds. I quickly got out of the bed and went to the bathroom to do my daily routine. When I came out of the room, freshly showered, I directly went to the kitchen. Will, still in his night attire, was sitting on one of the bar stools, drinking his coffee.

  "Good morning," I greeted him happily. My mood has brightened by the aroma of the coffee.

  "Good morning! I didn't know you are a sleepyhead!" He smirked. I ignored his comment by rolling my eyes.

  "And I didn't know you are a morning person." I went and sat down beside him on the other stool. "Don't you have work?" I asked. "Every Sunday I doesn't have work."
He got up to hand me the other coffee mug. I thanked him and took a sip. It was heavenly amazing.

  "Wow! How did you learn to make this awesome coffee?!" I couldn't resist myself.

  "My mom taught me when I was young." He said, smiling.

"So you were always loved to be in the kitchen?" I was now curious.

  "Yes.. Since I was five years old.. I always used to sit on the top of the counter and watch her cooking. It's like I was in a complete different world. My mom used to explain the recipe while cooking. Since then, I love to cook.." He said nostalgically.

  "You love your mom..." It wasn't a question. It was a fact that was in his eyes. "Where is she?"

  "Passed away.. Breast cancer." He said curtly.

  "Oh my God! I'm really sorry, Will.." I squeezed his hand. I knew how that feels. I suddenly felt guilty for asking that.

  He shook his head. "No wucka's, Char." He took a deep breath.

  "No what?" I asked confusingly.

  "Wucka's.. It means, no worries or it's okay." He chuckled.

  "Your dad?.." I asked, not sure if I should ask or not. But instantly I regretted for asking. Will's jaw was hardened suddenly. The funny, teasing Will was not there anymore, instead there was rage in his eyes.

  "I'm going to shower." He said curtly and without waiting for my response, stormed off to his room. I heard the door slammed.

  I mentally face palmed. Do you really had to ask, Char?

  ***

  He hadn't come out of his bedroom for almost rest of the morning.. till eleven o'clock. I was sitting in the balcony, continue reading with the yesterday's book when I heard his feet. I looked up as he sat down on the opposite chair.

  "I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have behaved like that. I was quite rude." He said, leaning forward. The guilt was evidently written on his face.

  "I'm sorry too.. I shouldn't have ask that question, it was personal. I was being quite nosy." I also apologized. I was feeling really bad.

  "No, you don't have to. You can ask me anything, we are roommates. But I promise, I'll tell you when it is the right time." He said calmly.

  I nodded. After a few seconds, "I'm hungry, I haven't ate anything." I said, to change the subject.

  "Are you crazy! Why?" Without waiting for reply, he raised from his chair and went to the kitchen.

  "How could I? You practically walked on me." I still gave the answer. "Chill, I'm not mad at you." I chuckled seeing his guilty face.

  "Anyway, what are you cooking, Mr. Chef?" I leaned towards the kitchen counter, watching him taking the appropriate utensils out.

  "Chicken Parm. One of the best Australian dishes. You'll love it."

  For the first time, I was watching Will cook. I saw him in his place. He used knives, spoons, spatulas, to me every single utensil out there. I watched him mince, slice, chop the vegetables and the chicken, but since I wasn't the chef, I merely saw him cutting up vegetables and the chicken. He pound, beat, grated,baked, cooked, stirred and a whole bunch of other terms as he cooked. It was amazing to see Will in his zone. Though I saw him sweat because of the heat, I could see how happy he was. The fire in his eyes matched the fire under the frying pan.

  I sat there on the bar stool. We didn't talk much. He was cooking with his full attention and I was sitting there watching him in slight amusement and proudly, a small smile on my face.

  When he was done cooking, I got up to take the dishes out but he held me back by saying that he is going to do everything and that I should only sit down and eat.

  He presented the dish and I could see how good chef he is. The presentation was so good that I thought I was sitting in a seven star restaurant. He sat down beside me with his plate.

  "Go on,"He said, gesturing me to eat.

  I took one bite and my goodness, it was heavenly delicious. The taste was so mouth watering that I started devouring it as if I haven't eaten anything in fifteen years. But after some seconds, I felt Will's gaze on me. I looked up, he was looking at me.

  "It's rude to stare when someone is eating, you know." I shoved another morsel in my mouth.

  ".. I wanted to know how's it?" I quickly looked away, embarrassed.

  "Of course, it's too delicious. I love it. You are a great chef." And I wasn't lying. I gave him a big grin which matched with his.

  We finished our lunch, talking about different things, when he asked me about my family. He already knew about me living with my mom.

  "What about your mom? I mean, she must be alone there in India, right?" He asked.

  "Yeah, but not actually. Our close relatives are there with her.. but she might be feeling alone.. even if I would've been there with her." I said, the last part in a small voice, hoping that he will brush it off.

  But maybe Will got what I said. "What about your dad? What happened to him? I know.. he.. passed away.. but.. what exactly happened?" He cautiously asked. "Of course, if you don't wanna talk about it, it's fine. I know it's a personal question." He quickly said.

  I went silent as I looked away. Bringing this topic.. I didn't want to remember those scenes again. I knew this question would come eventually but I wasn't ready to tell him.
" I.. I think, we should get ready." I got up from the booth and went in my room, leaving Will unanswered.

  We were going to roam around the Paris. I slipped into a pair of black jeans and crocodile green trench coat over a white tank top with a pair of ankle boots of the same colour of the coat. I paired it with a golden black cuff bracelet, golden huggie earrings and a sling crossbody purse.

First we went to Musee Gourmet du Chocolat Paris, as Will was quite excited to take me there. It was kind of a chocolate factory where you can make your own chocolates. Then we went to Cathedral Notre-Dame (a Gothic architecture), Avenue des Champs-Élysées, Musee d'Orsay, the famous Opera House, Place de la Concorde (famous octagonal square), Arc de Triomphe, Luxembourg Gardens, Centre Pompidou (art and culture center), Bastille, Pont de Arts, the Wall of “I love you's” (as I really wanted to see it), Saint Germain des Prés (we took a halt there to have a cup of coffee). In the evening we saw The Louvre (largest art museum). At eleven o'clock, we were sitting in front of Tour de la Effél a.k.a The Eiffel Tower, glowing in its golden glory with a compfortable silence.

  Hey guys, this is the another chapter. Now the actual story begins. I wanted to add something interesting in the story. The reference of their parents will come ahead in the story. Stay tuned. Don't forget to vote and comment. Enjoy. Love you all ;-) iamtanu