7. Festive Days

I woke up as my alarm goes off. It was Monday. The first day of Diwali. I looked at the time in my phone. It was six in the morning. I went out of the bed while yawning and went towards the window to pull the curtains away. The cold breeze touched my face as I opened the window. I shivered a bit and backed away to get fresh. It was still dark outside as it was November.

  I went towards Will's bedroom. His door was closed. I knocked two three times but nothing. "Will," I knocked a little bit louder but still not a single response from inside.

  "Will, get up." A muffled grunt came from inside.

  "Will, wake up, you Bludger." I banged the door, calling him loudly. I can't believe he didn't set the alarm.

  "Will, get your ass off the bed." I heard a thump followed by a groan and then the foot steps. In some seconds, the door swing opened showing a shirtless sleepy Will with dishevelled hair, an annoying face and drooping eyes.

  "Char.. Have you seen the time?" He asked in the middle of yawning.

  "Yup. I've very much seen the time, Will." I said in chirping.

  "Char, I'm a sleep deprived zombie right now, okay. Why are here being so enthusiastic?" He said, railing against the door.

  "Why am I being so enthusiastic? Will, wake up buddy. Have you forgotten the date?" I stressed on the words while shaking him by his arms. He jerked suddenly as he had dozed off.

  "Date? Which date? With whom? Since when did we started dating?" He started blabbering. I smacked my forehead. Seriously? Dating?

  "WILL! We are NOT dating first of all. And, it is Monday, my friend. Remember, Diwali?" I think my smacking him on his arms and raising voice finally wake him up a little.

  "Diwali.. yeah.. but.. it's still dark outside. The sun hasn't even rose yet." He said while rubbing eyes.

  "Exactly. We should wake up before the dawn." I reminded him. "Now go and quickly get fresh. Don't shower yet, just brush your teeth and come outside." I said and turned to go in the kitchen.

  I switched on the lights and went in the kitchen to heat up some oil till it gets considerably hot. I heard footsteps and saw Will coming through the corridor.

  "What are you doing?" He asked confusingly.

  "Wait." I went n my room and came back with a small stool which I put in the living room, just in front of the coffee table. "Sit down." I gestured. He did what I said, still the confusion written on his face.

  I went in the kitchen and bring back the hot/warm oil in the living room. I put the bowl of oil in front of him and sat down on my both knees. "Now please take your T-shirt off."

  "Excuse me! If you can't resist yourself, you can say that directly. No need to act all innocent and instruct me one by one." He said with disbelief. A smirk was on his face.

  "Shut up. I'm not interested at all. I'm saying this to you so that I can massage you with this hot oil, it's a ritual." I plainly said this with a blank expression.

  "Oh." He took his t-shirt off and I massaged his arms, legs, back, torso and shoulders. After massaging him, he insisted on applying the oil to my arms, nape and legs. I let him do it.

  I made the paste of gram flour and milk and gave some of it to him. He knew what he ought to do. We went to our respective rooms for taking bath.

  I took a hot shower and rubbed the paste on my body. Rinsing it with the water, I opened the new soup and done the rest of my bath. Coming out of the bathroom, I changed into my new dress, a beautiful bubblegum pink coloured kurti with grey American diamonds around neck as a design and a dark blue jeans. I paired it with American diamond bracelet and stud earrings and wore my usual heart pendant chain and ring. I let my hair fall down and finished my look with a light makeup and grey sling back heels.