Chapter 6: Time is of the Essense

A few minutes later, Tails arrived at a cave.

"Hmm what could Eggman be doing in this cave?" said Tails as he proceeded to walk inside the cave. "Eggman, you here?".

But instead he saw Amy being dragged by snakes, Sonic on the floor, and Shadow looking straight at him.

"Hello Tails..." said Shadow.

"Shadow, what's going on here..." said Tails.

"Tails! Stop those snakes from putting Amy in that machine!" Yelled Sonic.

Tails did as he was told and ran to Amy, but Shadow tripped Tails. Then pulled out a gun and aimed it at Tails.

"Woah Shadow, no need to get violent here!" said Tails.

"I'm not letting anyone come to the rescue this time, stay where you are and I won't pull the trigger.

Tails knew he couldn't do anything now, and still felt like this was his fault in a way.

"It's ok Tails, you tried" said Sonic.

"I'm sorry Sonic...but I have to try harder" said Tails as he threw himself onto Shadow.

"Hey!" said Shadow as Tails went all out on Shadow, throwing punches, and trying to take his gun from him.

Finally, Tails knocked out Shadow (damn)
but
Shadow had also managed to shoot Tails in the leg.

"Tails!" yelled Sonic.

Tails sat on the floor and started grabbing his leg in pain. While Shadow was collapsed on the ground (totally unrealistic like dude this is Shadow, oh well)

Sonic was completely freaking out at this point, his best friend had just been shot while Amy was about to be launched into space and he couldn't do a thing about it.

"Must gain my strength back..." said Sonic to himself but with no luck.

"Sonic...here" said Tails as he rolled a bottle over to Sonic. "It's the antidote I managed to make before you guys left.

"Tails!, thank you!" said Sonic as he quickly drank what was in the bottle and began to regain his color and his strength. He Then ran to go get Amy... but was too late. The snakes had Amy in the machine and began a 20 second countdown.

"Amy!" Yelled Sonic as he looked in the small window of the machine.

"Sonic! Stop the machine!" Yelled Amy from the inside.

"Man if only Tails wasn't hurt...lemme try to get you out" said Sonic as he tried to smash the door open.

10 seconds remaining

"Ugh what's this thing made of!" said Sonic as he continued to smash the door. "I am not letting you leave me like this!"

5 seconds left

Sonic gathered all the strength he had and ran into the door, but barely made a dent.

Time was up.

*Initiating Launch*

The machine shot the orb that Amy was in into space in mere seconds.

"No!, Amy...!" yelled Sonic as he watched Amy soaring into space helplessly.

Tails watched from the other side of the room, also in shock.

"Why couldn't I have saved you..." said Sonic as he shed a few tears.

"Sonic, come with me" said Tails.

"H-how, Tails your leg okay? said Sonic.

"Doesn't matter! Come, we're gonna save Amy" said Tails as Sonic nodded and he helped Tails get to his workshop.