Chapter 6

Reader's POV

29th December

Today I'm going to meet by arranged partner. Both of our families are to meet at a traditional inn where many meet ups like these take place. Currently I'm sitting on the train with my parents, wearing my earphones listening to my music. I wrap my soft mint scarf around myself tighter.
God I'm so nervous.
If music didn't exist I'm not sure how I'd survive today. I decided to tell my parents my assignment was a male, they were a bit shocked but eventually accepted the fact. Question is, did the boy's family accept it too?
Ahhhh, I need to stop over thinking everything, I'm getting even more panicked! I shake my head and get back to reality, seeing that we're getting off at the next stop, just in a nick of time.

We get off at our station and begin walking to the inn.
Its 10:48, we're all meant to be there at 11:00, phew, we'll be on time.
"(Y/NNN), are you excited to meet him?" My mum starts a discussion.
"Oh honey, I'm sure he's completely nervous, I know I was, waiting to meet you all those years ago."
"Aww darling."
What happened the discussion.....
"Well (Y/N)?" My parents turn to me.
"Urm.. both actually."
"I'm sure you'll be just fine!" My mum exclaims.
"Thanks.."

Before I know it I see a big building, it looked amazing.

"Woah" I say.
We enter the building and go to the reception.
10:54
What if he's already here?
But what if he's not?
Maybe his family refused to let him meet with another guy?
Maybe he didn't want go himself?
I feel a hand on my back.
"Don't worry (Y/N) keep calm, it will go great." My dad reassures me.
I smile "I know."

We were lead to the room we were meant to meet in.

No one was there yet, am I meant to feel relieved? I inhale deeply

No one was there yet, am I meant to feel relieved? I inhale deeply. Calm down, its the first time your meeting him, don't mess up.
I exhaled and sat down.
"Please wait here, the Nisaka family will arrive here shorty." A women working here smiled, bowing.
"Thank you." My mum returns the gesture.
The three of us sit in front of the table, waiting with slight tension.
"I'm sure Nisaka-kun and his family will be here soon don't worry.
"I know mum, I'm okay now, thanks."

About a minute later we hear the sliding door open.
He's here!
"Just in here, the (L/N) family are already inside." I hear the same women say from the outside.

My parents and I stand up.
"Konichiwa, it is a pleasure to meet you all, I'm (M/N) (L/N), this is my husband (F/N) (L/N) and our son (Y/N) (L/N).
"Yoroshiku onegaishimasu." We all say, and bow.
"Oh please, no need for such formalities." I hear a voice say.

"My name is Yurie Nisaka, my husband Kidou Nisaka and this is our son Yuusuke Nisaka."
So there really was no mistake!
I look up to see the family of three when I notice that it was the same boy I ran into about a week ago.. wait what?! Ah, that's a bit awkward.. I look at the boy and he probably has a similar thought.

"So then, shall we sit down?" My father says, all of us doing so.
I sit across the table from the boy. Yuusuke Nisaka. I give him a small smile, soon thinking that made everything more awkward but apparently not, he smiled back.

Our parents began to talk about the surprise about two males being together but how they soon got over it. After they began talking about other topics.
What were me and Nisaka doing you ask? Silently trying to avoid each others gazes while looking at each other.
This situation is just so..-
"You two haven't said a word, are you both that shy?" Nisaka's mum asked.
"Oh um.." I start.
"They must be embarrassed to talk when their parents are here isn't it? Hahaha!" My mum laughs.
"Why don't you two go walk around the garden?" His dad suggested.
We both get up and walk towards the garden door.
Once we're outside we walk besides each other.
"Urm, hi, nice to see you again." I begin.
"Yeah, nice to see you too. It's strange that we met each other before in such a silly situation like that isn't it?"
"Yeah it was, sorry for colliding into you back then and then running off. You're okay right?"
"Yes, I'm fine, and don't apologise.. um.."
I realise what he was hesitant at.
"Oh I haven't actually introduced myself have I? I'm (Y/N) (L/N), you can call me (Y/N)."
"Yuusuke Nisaka, I don't mind what you call me."
"Well, I'll stick with Nisaka for now."

We carry on to walk around the nature.
"Its really pretty here."
"Yeah, it is."

What the hell are we supposed to talk about?

"So (Y/N), what school do you go to?" Nisaka asked.
"Akebono, you?"
"Kasugayama."
"Oh, I've passed by there before."
"Really? I think I've heard of Akebono, but isn't that quite far?"
"Somewhat I guess, I travel by train to get there."
"Ah, I see."

Another wave of silence. We're getting no where.

"Nisaka.. how do you feel knowing that your partner is a guy, I mean, I'm sure you must feel-"

"It's fine, I honestly don't have a problem with it."
"A-ah, is that so."
I smile to myself, maybe he won't want to cancel the arrangement.

"What about you?"
"Well, I was surprised at first as I never thought homosexual arrangements were a thing, but when I found out it wasn't a mistake or anything I felt.. really happy."
"..." Nisaka stared at me in awe.
"Oh sorry I started rambling!"
"Ah, no its fine."
We share an awkward laugh, maybe this will actually go well after all.

Yayy, I finally wrote a longer chapter!
So you have finally got to meet Nisaka, isn't that great! (><)