Chapter.

You know, I was talking to a friend.

About our lost pets.

I lost 3 lambs, a lot of cats, a bird, a rabbit, a lot of chickens, fish, and more.

But I don't want pity.

But I feel really bad about a certain cat.

Patches.

A calico kitten, my cat's first litter.

She got mauled.

Do you know how I felt, seeing her body mangled there, eyeball out of it's socket, tail fluffed, blood everywhere, teeth out, her body hard.

If I stayed home, I could have prevented it.

But I had to get stuff for my picnic.

Do you know how I felt when I came home from check-in day, for animals to get in the fair, to come home, take a bath, and have my brother come in and say that Brocky, my first rabbit, only a few years old, say that he wasn't doing too well?

It was my first year showing, happened so long ago, seem like it was just yesterday.

So, I got out of the shower. I think he died of a broken heart, and a heart attack. I loved him so much.

He was 3 and I was 9. It was hardest on my brother.

It hit me hard the next day.

My other rabbit, he was never the same until we came across another rabbit that looked just like Brocky.

All the good times, when my cat would secretly climb in the cage and stay in there with him.

All the times he tried to. . . How to say it. . . breed with my head.

Funny little guy.

I miss them a lot.

I want no pity.

It was all a long time ago.