12|| not a monster.

carmen never expected him to actually show up, especially after the stories hayley had told her yet here he was, his head pushed into her plush pillow and his snores filling her ears as he slept

when the knock at the door sounded, she was peacefully curled up on her bed with a book she'd recently purchased. she didn't know who it was and being a wolf, she knew it could be someone dangerous yet no one from her past knew she was there so she swiftly opened the door and automatically, her eyes bulked.

bright blue eyes stared back at her and all of her words were torn from her throat as she continued to stare at him. eventually, she shook herself from the trance - physically which left klaus laughing before she invited him in.

they ate good, drank good alcohol and laughed until they'd fallen asleep on her bed, the book she was invested in quickly being left on the floor.

her eyes squinted as she turned her head to look at the snoring man and a fond smile came across her face when she saw his squished cheek pressing into her pillow.

"it's rude to stare you know."

carmen squeaked and held a hand over her rapidly beating heart, "jesus fucking christ dude! don't do that shit! your eyes aren't even open!"

klaus laughed and slowly opened his eyes to look at her, "are you happy now?"

"no, my heart is in my asshole - you asshole!"

klaus laughed as carmen quickly grabbed a pillow from behind her head and hit him with it, making him let out a small huff at the collision. she kept hitting him, repeating, "don't do that!" each time it connected.

fast on his feet, klaus snatched the pillow and pushed her onto the bed, hovering over her as his face transformed, his veins bulging from his skin as he bared his teeth at her.

expecting her to scream, cry or even beg for life, klaus waited until she surprised him by - laughing. his eyebrows furrowed and he dropped the pillow, his mouth opening and closing as he watched her eyes well up with tears as she giggled.

"oh god - that was good! is that how you scare people?" she giggled, "oh no! please mr vampire, please - don't kill me." she cried, mockingly as she looked up at him.

klaus was flabbergasted - she wasn't scared, she didn't run or act like he was some sort of monster. she didn't care, she didn't scream at him to leave - she fucking laughed.

before he could stop his body, or even think about what he was doing, he swept down and captured her lips in his, the kiss only lasting a few seconds before he regretfully detached himself.

carmen cleared her throat, "what was that for?"

"thank you."

"thank you for what?" she giggled, pushing his body back and sitting up to look at him.

"for not running." he said unsurely, unaware of what the feelings were booming in his chest.

carmen smiled kindly and shook her head, "i wouldn't run. i don't have a reason to." she said before moving closer to him, "you're not a monster klaus. you're a little bitch, but not a monster." she whispered before kissing his cheek and leaving him on the bed alone as she carried herself to the bathroom, closing the door with a soft click behind her.

klaus lay back down on the discarded pillow and stared at the ceiling, his mind running wild as he heard the shower start.

she didn't run, she didn't turn him away, he kissed her and all he knew is, he didn't want to stop. he also knew he was in some deep shit - deep deep shit.