Chemistry

Evie
I walked out of the chemistry room and heard an eager Doug following me out.
"So um Evie, now that we have the rest of the day off do you want to maybe go for a walk or something?" He asked and I put on the fakest smile I could manage as I turned to him.
"Sorry Doug, I'm going for lunch with Mal, maybe tomorrow." I said and turned to continue walking as I rolled my eyes. I practically ran away from him at that point afraid he would follow. I got into my room and slammed the door shut leaning against it. Mal was staring at me wide eyed.
"Woah take it easy there." She said using her magic to lock the door. I got off of the door and heard a frantic pounding.
"Evie wait I had a question!!" I heard Doug say and looked at Mal desperate.
"Can we please leave, I need a break from him." I said and Mal laughed opening the window and beckoned me over.
"Come on, we'll climb out through the window." She said and I smiled. She went first then offered me a hand out. I took her hand and blushed a bit as I climbed out the window and to the ground. She was still holding my hand when I was done and she led me out of the bushes that surrounded the building.
"You're highness," she led me to a beautiful carriage that was posted outside the school and helped me in.
"To the town please." Mal told the coachman and he nodded and got the horses to walk-on. Mal sat across from me in the carriage and smiled at me.
"So what was that about with Doug?" She asked playing with her ring. I sighed and looked down.
"I don't want to talk about it." I said and she nodded understanding. We pulled up to the town and Mal got out.
"Come on I've already called ahead and told them we're coming." Mal said walking into a pretty fancy cafe. I get out of the carriage and follow Mal anxiously because I wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion. Mal must have sensed how anxious I was because she grabbed my hand and pulled me along. She linked arms with me and approached slowly the lady at the front of the cafe.
"Reservation for two." She said very formally and the lady looked up briefly, she clearly didn't recognise Mal and scoffed at her outfit.
"I'm sorry young lady but this is a place for the finest." She said snobbishly. Mal turned to me and whispered.
"And I thought Audrey was the only one capable of being rude." I laughed a little and Mal turned back to the lady, pulling out her wallet and showing her a pass that had Ben's signature on it. The lady's eyes widened and she bowed and began to speak really fast.
"I'm so sorry Miss Mal, please forgive me." She said and Mal laughed a little bit.
"Relax, I'm not the one you've gotta be scared of. I'm just dating the king, not actually him." She said and the lady led us to a table that was set for two. I was still cringing from Mal's comment about dating Ben. Mal sat down and I sat across from her she touched my hand which was in a fist.
"E, are you okay?" She said and I quickly nodded my head. I couldn't talk because I was on the verge of tears. I still couldn't believe Ben beat me to Mal. I buried my face in my menu before Mal could ask anymore questions. Mal ordered first, and I ordered a chai tea. That's when things got hectic, word had spread Mal was there and there were a lot of people now coming in to see her. Especially the press, its no secret Mal and I are close friends, but they like to turn everything into drama.
"Mal are you moving on from Ben for her?" I heard someone say, but their question was quickly drown out by others. Mal tried to ignore them but I saw her getting worked up. I stood up and turned to them.
"Mal will take no more questions, sorry." I said pushing them away. Once I got them all to leave Mal looked at me and smiled.
"Thanks E." She said standing up and hugging me. I wrapped my arms around her and smiled.
"Of course, anything for you." I said as she sat back down. We finished our tea and coffee and exited the cafe. We began to walk for a bit down the street.
"Sorry about the press, they're pretty crazy." Mal said blushing and scratching he back if her head. We stopped in front of a random shop and Mal turned toward me.
"It really wasn't a big deal." I said smiling a bit. Mal took my hands and looked me in the eyes for a second. Suddenly before I could realise what I was doing I leaned forward and kissed her, she pulled away stunned and thats when I ran off.

There, I finally introduced some Mevie, next chapter coming soon.