Role Reversal

Mal
It had been 3 days since Evie and Audrey... well you know. Evie and I have been avoiding each other, well her mainly me. I walked down the hall slowly and carelessly because at that point I wanted to quit. I had a dress fitting for my coronation but I didn't want to go. I heard someone walking behind me and I turned to see Audrey. I glared at her for a second before running down the hall to my dorm and locking the door. Evie was already there preparing the dress. She didn't even question why I locked the door, she just kept quiet. I went to change into the dress and when I came out she began to make adjustments without talking. She went to measure my waist, but I stopped her.
"Evie stop okay I can't stand this anymore why are you ignoring me?!" I said but she continued to work. "I hope you realise pushing me away isn't going to help. I told you this already." I said and she stopped working then looked at me with pain and hate in her eyes.
"Maybe I'm not doing it for you, did you ever think of that?!" She said then continued to work. I stopped her again but this time I grabbed her wrist.
"Evie we need to talk about this, what in your right mind told you that you'd get closer to be by faking to date Audrey? And don't you dare say it wasn't fake I know you." I said and she clenched her teeth.
"I wanted to feel something Mal.. I was trying to get away from you, for both you and Ben, that's why I've been doing everything, and obviously it's not working because you keep insisting on ruining it." Evie said and I let go of her wrist and turned away crossing my arms.
"If you wanted to get over me fine, I just don't see why you have to do it with her." I said and felt myself begin to cry. I quickly went to change out of the dress and went to leave.
"Maybe I'll just find a different dress. I can't be near you." I said beginning to leave but I felt myself starting to cry. Was I really losing my best friend because of a simple mistake and a fake kiss? I heard Evie begin to cry but quietly like she was trying to hide it. I wanted to stop myself from walking out the door, but I didn't. I exited the room and immediately ran to find Ben about to burst into tears. I reached his dorm and when he opened the door I fell into his arms and began to cry.
"Mal whats wrong?" He asked and I cried even more. I wanted to run back to her, I already missed her.
"Ben... Evie and I just had a fight.." I said through the sobbing. But I couldn't finish the sentence. I'm sure he got what I meant though. He picked me up and sat on his bed with me in his lap. I cried onto his shoulder until I couldn't.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He said and I shook my head he nodded and we sat silently for a minute, my head still on his shoulder then he asked.
"Do you want a dorm change?" He said and I sat there not sure how to answer and I felt myself involuntarily nodding. I felt more tears streaming down my face which I thought was virtually impossible. He set me on the bed and stood up, but I took his hand and stood up. I needed to go with him, to help him move my stuff. There was a strict rule about boy/girl dorm sharing but he was the king and this was an emergency. I slowly knocked on the door to my dorm but Evie wasn't there. I unlocked the door, and we quickly got in and out to clear my stuff. Ben was carrying the heavier stuff and I had some of my personal belongings. Part of me wished Evie would have been there to stop me, but as we walked to Ben's room I got a glance into Carlos and Jay's room and saw Evie on the floor just bawling, she was holding her mirror, she must have been watching us. I quickly followed Ben and he helped me sort my stuff in his room. The other bed wasn't occupied since Chad went off to a different school. I suddenly felt like crying again and as soon as my stuff had been sorted I broke down crying on my bed.