Ghosts of My Past

Mal
I was about to knock on Evie's door but I stood there for a second when the door opened startling me. I saw a very agitated Evie and an angry Doug.
"Uhh.." was all I said and Doug stormed past me but he stopped and looked me in the eyes.
"I'll get you for this." He said storming off. I stood there for a second before looking back at a surprised Evie.
"M.. what are you doing here?" She said looking me up and down and the back to the floor.
"I..." But I couldn't form a sentence. I wanted to but Evie grabbed my arm and drug me inside.

Later
"So what was that about?" I asked nervously referring to Doug as she handed me a cup of tea.
"Oh you know.. just the ghosts of my past coming to haunt me.." she paused looking to the floor the she quickly looked up again and added.
"Not including you, obviously...." she the sat down and folded her hands in her lap.
"Umm.. what, uh, what are you doing here?" She asked looking up at me. I shrugged and looked down at the floor. I put the cup of tea down she had handed me and we sat there awkwardly for a minute, which was weird. Nothing had ever been awkward between us. Evie's phone started ringing and she jumped up and answered it.
"Hello?" She said then she put a finger up and walked into the other room. I sat there and like around Evie had a lot of pictures of her and Dizzy, which I'm guessing she lived with now. Evie walked back into the room running a hand through her hair.
"Mal, I have to go pick Dizzy up.. umm.. I'll.. yeah I'll be back.." she said. I knew her though, she was stressed, something was wrong.
"Evie, whats wrong?" I asked once and she started crying.
"I can't do this anymore, I can't take care of her." She said and I got up and wrapped my arms around her.
"Look, E, she's not a baby anymore, you don't have to. Where is she?" I asked and Evie shook her head.
"She's at a party but she said she was coming back. Why did she lie?!" Evie screamed. I wrapped my arms around her tighter. She soon relaxed and I brought her to sit down.
"I know you don't want to hear this, but she'll be fine, you need rest." I said and she nodded agreeing. She was frowning and I sat next to her pulling her into another hug.
"Evie.. I do know why I'm here.. I was just.. scared.. but I don't want to make your life anymore crazy." I said and Evie sat up and looked at me seriously.
"What is it M?" She asked. My eyes went straight to the floor. I took a deep breath and quickly went in and kissed her. She was startled but she didn't react.
"M.." she said and I looked her in the eyes.
"Evie.. I want to be with you.." I said and she smiled with tears in her eyes.
Evie
I pulled Mal into a hug, she wrapped her arms around my neck.
"What about Ben.." I said quietly and she kissed me again.
"I'll deal with him." Mal said and I smiled. She crawled into my lap and we just sat there comfortably. Mal got a text from Jay and I handed her her phone which was on the table next to me.
"Jay just told me Ben is looking for me.." She said and I looked at her sarcastically.
"You didn't tell him where you were going?" I said trying not to laugh. She hit me on the shoulder.
"Not funny E." Mal said dialling Ben's number. I pursed my lips and crossed my arms.
"Does he really need to know? I asked and Mal rolled her eyes covering my mouth.
"Ben, hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm fine, I went to visit Melody I'll text you later." She said and hung up.
"There now he'll be off my case for a bit." Mal said and I pulled her closer to me so we were face to face.
"Good because you're mine." I said kissing her. She smiled when she pulled away.
"I think I made the right choice." Mal said and I laughed and smiled even more.
"I'm glad you chose me." I said kissing her again.

Pushed Awayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें