Princess?

Mal
I went back to the carriage after searching for Evie. She had kissed me and disappeared. I was still shocked over the whole thing, but I didn't let it get to me. I got on and told the driver to go, he was a bit concerned Evie wasn't there but I knew she'd find her way back. I turned my phone on and saw a gazillion different texts from Ben. I opened my messages and scrolled through, most of them were him being him, but one in particular caught my eye. It was a link to a website, some unknown news network and he had texted with it 'Mal what is this?' I opened the link and say a picture, it was a bit far away but it was clear as day. It was Evie, and me, kissing. I began to panic read through the rest which mostly consisted of 'I looked at it again and I think someone photoshopped it' but then they got interesting again. 'Mal we need to talk, I have some special news.' was one 'Text when you get the chance.' was another and they all had something to do with urgency. I decided to just go to his dorm when I got back because then he could explain what was so urgent.
We finally got back and Ben was standing there talking to Evie. I was relieved to see her, but afraid of what she had said to him. Evie turned to see me and waved me over.
"Mal I was just talking to Ben about his idea and maybe you should listen to him, it's quite impressive." She said casually as if nothing happened. Ben smiled at her then looked at me.
"Mal I had been thinking, you always have to use my name to get into places, well not anymore. We're going to have a coronation for you, you're officially becoming a princess of Auradon." He said and my jaw dropped. I glanced at Evie and she was just smiling and nodding. I looked back to Ben and couldn't find words.
"Ben, I need to think about it." I said and he nodded.
"Of course." He said and walked away leaving me with Evie. She was still extremely casual, it was although I had only imagined she kissed me.
"Well, if you do decide you want to have a coronation, I have some amazing ideas for your dress, it would be an amazing opportunity for you Mal." She said and walked off. I stood there for a second and went back to my dorm. When I got there I saw Evie drawing in a sketchbook, I looked over her shoulder and saw a dress that was similar to her cotillion dress but it was a semi dark purple with black thorns all around it. The trim was a light purple with green flames throughout it.
"Evie this dress is beautiful." I said and she turned and smiled at me.
"I'm glad you like it, but it'll be a shameful for it to go to waste." She said her voice trailing off. I raised an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?" I asked and she shrugged then stood up and began to sew something.
"What with you not wanting to go through with your coronation." Evie said and I stood there shocked.
"E I never said that." I said and she shrugged again.
"I'm your best friend I know what you're thinking." Evie said, at this point she was scaring me. I didn't know what was going on.
"Evie can you stop moving around and talk to me please?!" I said as she was starting to move things around in the room.
"Just talk to me." She said and I grabbed her arm.
"Evie stop." I said and she looked me directly in the eye.
"I can't because if I stop I'm afraid I'll say something stupid and mess everything up." She said but her eyes remained emotionless. I let go shocked.
"Mal I was the one who kissed you and someone saw, I was able to convince Ben it was photoshopped but what if he finds out it wasn't?! I can't let that happen so I thought if I distanced myself maybe I could keep it from happening." She said and I stood there with nothing to say.