Chapter 16 - Just 'Friends'

The next morning I woke up unusually early, 5:45, for some unknown reason.

I checked my phone to see I had a new text, received at 10:32 yesterday, but I fell asleep quite early so I didn't reply.

Cammy: what happened with Taylor? You walked off and I couldn't call you back, just remember he's not worth any tears x

I replied instantly.

Payton: it was nothing, don't worry about it, thank you Cam x

I turned back over to try and sleep, but my phone vibrated in a matter of seconds.

Cammy: what are you doing awake so early madam?

I started laughing, I could read the text in the same sarcastic voice he would have used.

Payton: fell asleep quite early last night so I woke up at a stupid time!

Cammy: oh, that's why you didn't reply last night ;) wanna go get some coffee before everyone else wakes up? The coffee shop in the lobby should be open?

Payton: sounds great! I'll come round now.

I walked out my door and towards his, I didn't want to knock as I didn't want to any of the other boys to wake up.

I reached for the handle and twisted, the door was already open.

"Cameron?" I whispered.

"Come on, let's go" he replied quietly, leading me back out the door and towards the hall.

When we got to the coffee shop I found a table whilst he went up to order, it was so early that the entire shop was empty and there was only one person working.

"Here you go" he said, handing me my coffee and sitting opposite me.

"Thanks" I replied, looking towards the ground.

"A friend of ours, Jc, is having a party tonight, he doesn't live far from here, you should come, all the guys are going" he said.

"I don't know, I won't know anyone and you guys will be off with your girls" I giggled.

"Our girls?" He laughed. "Payton you're my g-" he stopped himself "...friend, you're my friend. I won't leave you"

"Well then, sounds quite cool" I assured him, sipping my coffee.

***

Two hours later we started making our way back up to our rooms. I don't know how we sat in the coffee shop for so long, we just sat there laughing and talking about anything and everything, just like the good old days.

"I think Mahogany's still asleep, do you want to come in and watch a movie or something?" I asked. I looked in to his eyes as his face lit up.

"Sure" he replied, taking my hand and walking into my room with me.

We agreed on The Notebook. Well, when I say 'agreed' I mean he didn't have much of a choice. I love this movie.

Half way through the movie it started getting emotional, I cry every time I watch it although I know what happens.

He looked at me starting to get sad and put his arm round me, motioning for me to place my head on chest, which I did.

"Don't be sad baby" he whispered, kissing my forehead.

I didn't even acknowledge the fact my life long best friend was acting more like a boyfriend, he was being cute and I really liked it!

I looked up at him, and he looked at me, flicking his vision between my eyes and my lips. He started moving in.

I closed me eyes and allowed him to kiss me.

It was amazing. I felt sparks that I've never felt with anyone else, except Taylor, who I felt huge sparks with...

I pulled away first.

"Sorry" he said, taking his hands away from me.

"Shut up and kiss me again" I whispered, he kissed me again, with even more passion. I sat on his lap with my legs round his waiste, he had one hand on my waist and one hand on my cheek.

"I've been waiting forever for this" he whispered in my ear. "I always knew I wanted you"