Chapter 21 - Cant Keep a Secret From a Best Friend

After Magcon ended I decided just to head to mine and Mahogany's room for the night and have a quiet night in, we were leaving for the airport at 11 the next morning so I needed to catch some sleep.

"I'm so tired" I said to Mahogany, opening our room door and kicking my shoes off, locking the door behind me.

"Same baby" she replied, leaning her head on my back as I stood still reading through Twitter.

"LET ME PAINT YOUR NAILS" Mahogany shouted.

"But I'm tired"

"Please please pleaseeee" I struggle to say no when she does her puppy dog face.

"Ugh, fine! Nothing to extreme, I want to be asleep within the next half hour please"

She ran into her room excitedly and returned to the living room a few seconds later, carrying a case as big as my head, full with every nail colour and accessory I've ever seen.

She began with pastel green and drew Daisy's on my nails once the paint had dried.

"What's up girl? Your too quiet lately, I don't like it" she asked, with deep concentration, her eyes not breaking contact from my nails.

"Just tired"

"Bull shit, spill, which boy got you down?"

I couldn't talk, I could feel myself welling up, if I even said 'his' name or mentioned our night together I knew I'd cry, and I have no reason to cry, I think my hormones are flying all over the place right now!

"Well...?" She asked.

My silence worried her, she looked up at me as she saw my eyes welling up as I was staring at the floor intensity.

"Baby what's happened?" She dropped the nail paint and wrapped her arms round me, as I hugged her back

"I don't know what happened, I made a mistake Mahogany, a big mistake"

"What did you do?"

I couldn't face telling her, she had been dating Jacob for 6 months and they hadn't slept together yet, if I told her about me and Cameron when we're not even dating then god knows what she'll think of me.

"Please Payt, whatever it is you will always have me and I will support whatever you do"

I started sobbing.

"I slept with Cameron" I whispered in between sobs, my hand covering my mouth and tears pouring.

"Oh Payton" she whispered, grabbing my head and burying it in her chest as she wrapped her arms round me and rubbed my back. "Everything will be okay, I promise"

I calmed down enough to pull myself away from her, wiping my eyes I decided to tell her the story.

"I don't know what happened, he told my he loved me and he wanted me, then at Jc's party we got super close... If you know what I mean... Then afterwards you went back to Jacobs and I told him I didn't want to be alone, so he came back here with me and I know people use the excuse 'it just happened' a lot, but it literally did, I don't remember what lead up to it, it just happened..."

I proceeded to tell her about Taylor and how he wanted me back, and how I was confused over all my feelings.

She sat in shock.

"Please don't hate me" I could feel myself starting to sob again.

"Shut up, you're my best friend, I will never hate you, you silly hoe, we'll be okay, I'll look after you, don't feel rushed into anything with anyone, please Payton. I love you so much"

"I love you too" I replied, I'm the luckiest girl in the world to call her my best friend.

"Come on, let's watch mean girls"