1. Caroline

-Brooklyn-

"Well, that's it." I sighed in attempts to hold back tears as I approached my mom. I had loaded everything in the car that I didn't already have in my dorm which was pretty much just clothes. Tomorrow I will be an official college student and begin my first semester of classes at Alabama A&M University. Thankfully, my good friend Melanie will be there with me but my best friend is sadly going far off to college.

"Jesus girl, I don't wanna let you leave but you gotta go." She laughed as she opened her arms and hugged me tightly. I knew that the only reason that she was being so silly is because she didn't want to cry either.

"I know but I'll call you as soon as I settle." I smiled and kissed her cheek, retrieving my keys from my pocket.

"You better not forget. And don't you go down to that school being all boy crazed either. I will still whip yo ass." She sassed as she walked me to my silver 2017 Jeep Wrangler.

"Mommy you have never whooped me, don't be stuntin'." I rolled my eyes playfully as she scoffed.

"There's a first time for everything." She said and spanked my butt.

"Yes ma'am." I shrieked. I got into my car and started the engine, not too anxious to leave home but at the same time, anxious to finally be on my own.

"I love you." My mom kissed my cheek before closing my door and walking back up to the porch so she could see me off. I waved and pulled off down the street to Melanie's house. She was going to trail me to Harmony's house, to the airport to drop Harmony off then all the way to Huntsville.

When I got to her house it was packed and that meant I damn sure wasn't going inside. I picked up my cell phone and dialed her number.

"You outside?" She asked as soon as she picked up the phone.

"Yes'm." I responded.

"Alright, here I come." She hung up the phone and I turned up my radio while I waited on her.

"In the middle of the party, bitch get off'a me..." I silently sang along to Broccoli by Big Baby D.R.A.M. and Lil Yatchy. Soon Melanie came outside along with her mom who waved at me from the porch and I waved back.

"Bye ma!" Mel yelled before pulling her car out of the driveway. Mel has a white Mustang and if she does anything, she keeps that car fresh and clean. As I pulled off of the curb I dialed Harmony's number from my radio just to make sure she was ready.

"Hello?" Her soft voice boomed from the speakers causing me to turn the volume down a little.

"Me and Mel on the way. What you doin?" I asked, hopping on the freeway to get to her house quicker.

"Nothing. I was on the phone with my sugar daddy."

"He gone give you some money before you leave?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Guh I wish." She groaned.

"Baby yo sugar daddy is a douchebag." I giggled.

"Don't I know it?" She laughed on the other end.

"Well, I'll see you when I get there. I'm about to get off the freeway now."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and turned the radio back up until I heard Work by Rihanna. I plugged my phone up to the aux and set my music to shuffle. Before I could fix my lips to sing the song that was on, my phone started ringing. It was my dad, I let it ring.

We pulled into Harmony's driveway and I honked the horn since I didn't feel like calling her again. Before she came out of the house, her younger brother came out and slowly walked over to my truck. He's had a crush on me ever since the first time I came to their house.